Starting My Own Thread RE Mooneys Rule

I agree. Why fly anything else? I kinda feel bad for all the others that have to fly pipers and cessnas.

Michael said:
I agree. Why fly anything else? I kinda feel bad for all the others that have to fly pipers and cessnas.

Unless, of course, they fly a Cessna 195. :D :rofl: :D

Of course, you wouldn't compare a Mooney, Cessna, or Piper to a Bonanza!

Yep, for the speed and efficiency...love the Mooney. For the comfort and the capability....love the Beech. For ease of operation and maintenance....love the Cessnas and Pipers. There are no bad planes...except maybe the Duke, dunno. I am definately a Mooney fan though...now that I own one. :D

Not this debate again... :) Didn't we agree last time that Beechcraft was the only way to fly?

Mooneys are great;

Fast and economical and fun. My last plane purchase was very hard for it was between a Beech that was 35 years old and a wonderfull Mooney M 20J that was have it's age. I loved it but due to four bad disks I to go Beech and it's up right sitting.
First Mooney I flew in was a 1965 Super 21 and yup is was nice and fast and I was much younger then. I like that little lever that open to gain an inch of MP and yes that Johnson Bar was so honest.

All planes are great no matter what they are.

John J

AirBaker said:
Not this debate again... :) Didn't we agree last time that Beechcraft was the only way to fly?

You gotta be kidding me!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You think you will ever get a consensus on this debate? LOL

thread creep

John, I wanted to let you know that I got my IR and that I've passed the books along to a young gentleman (former student) who is about to get his commission in the Air Force and who wants to learn how to fly.

Thanks again!

Fast n' Furious said:
Yep, for the speed and efficiency...love the Mooney. For the comfort and the capability....love the Beech. For ease of operation and maintenance....love the Cessnas and Pipers. There are no bad planes...except maybe the Duke, dunno. I am definately a Mooney fan though...now that I own one. :D

Greg Bockelman said:
You gotta be kidding me!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You think you will ever get a consensus on this debate? LOL

Well, I am unanimous in my opinion that the Saratoga is the best family airplane. Except for the C206. Or the A36. Can't forget the . . . .

They're wonderful, right up to the point where the tails fall off:hairraise: Then there's that whole wing spar thing:rolleyes: Sure wish I could afford one:cheerswine:

AirBaker said:

Greg Bockelman said:

I just couldn't let the argument go unchallenged! :)

pete177 said:
They're wonderful, right up to the point where the tails fall off:hairraise: Then there's that whole wing spar thing:rolleyes: Sure wish I could afford one:cheerswine:

Yeah, I tend to stay out of the Yellow arc unless it really is 'smooth'. Even though we've had the AD done on it.

Mooneys look great in flight, I just feel they sit too low on the ground.

Re: thread creep

wangmyers said:
John, I wanted to let you know that I got my IR and that I've passed the books along to a young gentleman (former student) who is about to get his commission in the Air Force and who wants to learn how to fly.

Thanks again!

Ben, it was my pleasure. Congrats on the instrument rating and your hard work and perserverence getting it. I hope you told your former student that he now has the torch and must pass it on. Catch up with you at KESN or KBWI sometime.
John

Beech,Mooney whatever, I Stil like my Piper Warrior Dave G.

I'd still take the T206H over a Mooney to Little Cayman. 3000' gravel strip.

Sorry to get into this late, but..............Mooney's the one. The only one.:yes:

Greg Bockelman said:
Unless, of course, they fly a Cessna 195. :D :rofl: :D
Or a Citation X. (I wish)

The avatar is a Cessna too. Low wings rule. :yes:

To quote my son:

"Why are Mooneys so small, and they made a mistake on the tail. They got it backwards!!"

From the mouths of babes, ya know :rofl:

AirBaker said:
Mooneys look great in flight, I just feel they sit too low on the ground.

Yep. You can't take a Mooney into a grass strip. Everybody knows that. Hey Ed, you there?

Great airplanes, truly great airplanes, are built by men named Walter. Not William, Clyde, Al, or Ray. :D

:yes:

gibbons said:
Great airplanes, truly great airplanes, are built by men named Walter. Not William, Clyde, Al, or Ray. :D

:yes:

Ah yes... Walter... :D

Greg Bockelman said:

What are you talking about? Even an avowed Mooney fanatic will admit you have the perfect airplane.

gibbons said:
I agree with Walter, but I'd give a vote to William too. :yes:

Well until they figure out how to put a sliding canopy on a Mooney.....

That's cool Joe, but I'd still rather have an SF260. However, in reality, if there is a next plane in my future it will be an M20J.

Anthony said:
That's cool Joe, but I'd still rather have an SF260.

Oh man, there is something about that airplane that really get to me! Kinda like a poor mans P-51. I'd give my left..um...arm to own an sf260!:yes::yes:

AirBaker said:

I don't know about you, but usually whatever airplane I'm flying is my favorite for the moment. Last weekend it was a Stearman.

lancefisher said:
I don't know about you, but usually whatever airplane I'm flying is my favorite for the moment. Last weekend it was a Stearman.

Well, if you look at it that way... I'd rather be in ANY airplane as long as it still is FLYING! :D

AirBaker said:
Well, if you look at it that way... I'd rather be in ANY airplane as long as it still is FLYING! :D

'zactly!

bbchien said:
Aaacckkk! An abomination!

It looks a lot like a Cardinal with struts.

We had several Cardinals show up at the Pottstown Pancake Breakfast fly in last Sunday. Of the "common" types of GA aircraft I think the non flying public that was standing near where I was working considered Cardinals the best looking aircraft.

Same day Karen (wife) saw a Cessna 195 parked nearby and commented that she liked that airplane. I said "Because it has a big cabin, right?" she replied "Yep". I keep having this nightmare where I'm forced to fly a Cherokee Six that handles like a small bus while burning 15 GPH and going 130 knots.

Len

Last edited:
Len Lanetti said:
I keep having this nightmare where I'm forced to fly a Cherokee Six that handles like a small bus while burning 15 GPH and going 130 knots.

Len, I have the same recurring nightmare, but its a Cessna 206 instead. And the copilot is Ethel Merman. :no:

Anthony said:
And the copilot is Ethel Merman. :no:

It is kind of hard to make out the inscription but I think it says:

To Anthony, Thanks for the plane ride. Ethel

Len

Back