Starting a shoestring 135 operation

I don't feel it's a dissection of words. In aviation certain words take on meaning, and when used incorrectly leads the reader into some false assumptions.

I certainly think you're correct, especially with all the leagalize stuff in the regs. My point is that the average person, when reading Henning's posts in context, would not have made the distinction between upper and lower case.

I certainly think you're correct, especially with all the leagalize stuff in the regs. My point is that the average person, when reading Henning's posts in context, would not have made the distinction between upper and lower case.

Agreed. henning tends to make comments on areas he knows nothing about, but knows a few words on it.

The best word to describe it is sciolist. :rolleyes:

Wow, the man wants to fly a 180 out of Mt Vernon, WA and you guys run off into a dick measuring contest.

So, if he wanted to fly some anglers from his base to a lake in BC, what formal approval does he need from the canadians (beyond canpass/customs) ?

Wow, the man wants to fly a 180 out of Mt Vernon, WA and you guys run off into a dick measuring contest.

So, if he wanted to fly some anglers from his base to a lake in BC, what formal approval does he need from the canadians (beyond canpass/customs) ?

No measuring contest here... It was established many threads ago that I have already won that one.

425-227-2813, is the number to call for the proper answers.

If you would like a Cherokee 6 - 300 that is already 135 approved, send a PM to Brien 23 here at POA. it's cheaper than the 180.

Nothing really.

As a U.S. flag carrier getting permission to come in and out, or to operate within Canada under Canadian cabotage rules?

No. We were not a "flag carrier." I doubt there is such a thing for 135 Air Taxi.

Just a Part 135 on demand charter company. If such a operation wants to operate in Canada they need Transport Canada certificate. That takes time, money, and effort to get.

Cabatage.............no. If fact HELL NO!:nono::nono: We couldn't transport anybody in Canada that we didn't bring in. We had plenty of opportunity.

Back