Starter O-Ring

Rob58

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Rob
Trying to find a part number and source for the o-ring that fits around the working end of a Delco starter, providing an oil seal between the starter and the starter adapter on an IO-520D. Delco starter is P/N 1108249. All help is appreciated!

Starter O-ring.jpg

Yes, the AS3578-038 was the part number I found in the Continental parts book. Here's the dilemma: the AS3578-038 spec says the OD is 2.750, however the diameter of the starter nose is 3.250. Is it conceivable that they want me to use an undersized o-ring and simply stretch it to fit?

The older TCM parts book number was MS9021-038. Plenty of aircraft maintenance shops will carry that part.

The older TCM parts book number was MS9021-038. Plenty of aircraft maintenance shops will carry that part.
FYI: a lot of the older mil-specs are being replaced by SAE and AMS specifications. The AS3578 (SAE Aerospace Specification - AS) supersedes the MS9021 series o-rings and are pretty common at the retail level.

FYI: a lot of the older mil-specs are being replaced by SAE and AMS specifications. The AS3578 (SAE Aerospace Specification - AS) supersedes the MS9021 series o-rings and are pretty common at the retail level.
I know that. I mentioned the older designation because a lot of aircraft shops will still have it in stock as the old number.

Back