My wife got me the Zenith CH750 STOL rudder starter kit for Christmas. Last night I decided to get started on it. I haven’t built my work table yet - honestly, I’m not a woodworker (or even much of a handyman) and that is one of the more challenging aspects of starting this project! I did find some sawhorses at Lowe’s last night that seem like good supports to build a simple table made out of an old door. My house came with a couple old doors in the rafters of the garage. I can screw one to a pair of these sawhorses and I also have some plywood I can screw down to the door. That should make a useful work surface I think. Not big enough for wings, fuse, etc but should be sufficient for tail and flaperons. It’ll be a long time before I get one of the bigger component kits. https://m.lowes.com/pd/BURRO-BRAND-21-in-Wood-Saw-Horse-1000-lb/3347070 So last night I opened up the crate and put some carboard on the dining room table. I only intended to make some centerline marks and maybe trim a few things, and I ended up drilling and clecoing the entire rudder skeleton in just a few hours. Then I disassembled and deburred. It was surprisingly easy. I have a little Li-ion drill and it did the holes like butter. The only hard part was learning to measure and mark the center lines on the flanges. The parts have a curve and I wasn’t sure exactly where to measure from. Also I was very concerned about getting it perfect. Finally I realized that microscopic perfection is probably not attainable and I picked a distance from the edge that looked most like the center to me (8mm). I got everything looking perfect except the nose rib, which I did not have a c-clamp to hold - it is crooked by about 1mm. I got it centered on the spar, but one edge is about 1mm high. That should be within tolerance, we’ll see how it goes together. I didn’t have the handi-clamps you see on all the videos - instead I picked up some of these Irwin clamps. They are very strong and were easy to use. https://m.lowes.com/pd/IRWIN-QUICK-GRIP-2-in-Clamp/50214657 Tonight - build table, scuff and spray mating surfaces with self-etching primer, and figure out how to get this rivet gun going with my air compressor. So far this seems do-able, and it is really satisfying to make such quick progress. The hours really flew by.