SSRI Dosage change

C W

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
C W
ATC here. I went through the SSRI program and have been on medication (Lexapro 10mg) for 2 years. Recently, due to a recurrence of symptoms, my dose increased to 15mg then 20mg. I am now grounded UFA and flight surgeon said there's no timeline on what to expect. Anyone have any similar issues with increasing dosage with on the SSRI program?

check with your ATC manager in your region. airmen have to have FAA permission to make such changes.

My manager has no idea about the process. They’re just required to provide quarterly updates about my overall status. The regional flight surgeon also has no idea and reached out to the FAA HQ for an answer with no reply as of yet. Figured I’d come on here to see if there have been any similar cases. Pilots seem to be more forthcoming with their cases, ATC not so much.

My manager has no idea about the process. They’re just required to provide quarterly updates about my overall status. The regional flight surgeon also has no idea and reached out to the FAA HQ for an answer with no reply as of yet. Figured I’d come on here to see if there have been any similar cases. Pilots seem to be more forthcoming with their cases, ATC not so much.
You will need to be 6 months stable on the new dose, have a HIMS pscyhiatrist eval, a HIMS neurospsychology eval, and then they will put you back in the cab......

You will need to be 6 months stable on the new dose, have a HIMS pscyhiatrist eval, a HIMS neurospsychology eval, and then they will put you back in the cab......

Thank you for your reply. I ended up receiving a letter from my recent HIMS psychiatric evaluation now recommending medical disqualification. How long does it take to receive the official disqualification from the FAA generally, or can I consider that letter the notification?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back