Sriracha Pepper Steak with Pineapples

RJM62

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geek on the Hill
One of the tastier meals I've made in a while. It's quite spicy and robust: You might want to tone down the Sriracha, soy sauce, and spices if you have a more delicate palate.

B9W5egLIgAEglLh.jpg

I didn't really keep close track of the ingredient amounts (I rarely do), but they were roughly:

1 1/2 lbs beef.
4 tbsp Sriracha sauce.
4 fl oz soy sauce.
2 cups white wine (or enough to just cover the meat when you get to that step).
1/2 tsp each (give or take) of basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme; and 1/4 tsp of cilantro and black pepper.
1 small clove of garlic, chopped.
2 tbsp olive oil.
1 1/2 cup mixed peppers and onions of types and proportions that delight you.
1 cup diced pineapple.

The steps:

Lightly brown the beef in the olive oil in a sauce pan over low-medium heat. You want the liquid ingredients to cover the beef, so don't use a skillet.

Add the dry seasonings and garlic and mix them in.

Add the Sriracha sauce and mix it in while continuing to brown the beef.

Add the soy sauce and white wine, raise the heat to bring to a boil, then reduce the temp and simmer for about ten minutes or so.

Add the juice from the pineapple and bring it back to a boil, then reduce the temperature again.

Add the peppers and onions and cook for a few minutes.

Add the pineapples, cook for like a minute or so, and serve.
If you're not watching carbs, this would go nicely over rice, bread, or noodles. I am watching carbs, so I just ate it as is. It would make about four servings if served over a starch with other courses (salad, etc.).

Enjoy!

Rich

Looks great! Looks like one of them fancy restaurant dishes to!

David

That sounds quire scrumptious!

Thanks. I like robust, spicy foods, and this one was quite so. I made something similar to it yesterday and liked it, so today I tweaked it and got the balance I was looking for.

Rich

I added some ginger. Now it's close to perfection.

CAfbUtOW8AA7gml.jpg

Rich

Ginger does tend to enhance hot dishes, doesn't it...

May I suggest some Hungarian Paprika and Ancho Chili powered to bring the bite of the siracha into harmonious balance upon the palate?

We love Sriracha. I think I know what I'm making for dinner tomorrow night. Thanks Rich.

May I suggest some Hungarian Paprika and Ancho Chili powered to bring the bite of the siracha into harmonious balance upon the palate?

I will give those a try. Thank you.

Rich

I love Sriracha, it looks like you've found it a great home.... I think I'll try it, maybe add some spring onions?

Sriracha is a condiment....much like ketchup.

While it can be added to a sauce just like ketchup....it doesn't add much depth of flavor to a dish.

Since you like spicy...may I recommend Serrano chillies to your braise along with some jalepenos and Anaheim chillies.

The acid from the wine and sweetness of the pineapple will give a great balance....and top off with some sriracha( for a little extra garlicky spicy) and cilantro.

If you want to go the ginger route.....stir fry....use some sugar snap peas and water chestnuts broccoli carrots(never forget garlic)..then top with sriracha and scallions.

Last edited:
Apropos of nothing, I've been digging aleppo pepper and five spice powder lately.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try them all.

Cooking: The hobby you can eat. :)

Rich

Back