SR22 vs Twin Comanche

I have been sitting in one for 3 months, about 3 times per week and so far I would rather spend another 10 years in this than in a Skyhawk/Archer where I spent previous 10 years. And in an unlikely event I develop a Cirrus phobia - old school aircraft are only 100 feet away.
I’m certainly glad it’s comfortable for you if you are spending a lot of time in it.

As I said in another thread, I wouldn’t call it painful or miserable by any stretch, but I did not find it any more comfortable than a Cessna or Piper. I found it less comfortable than a Beechcraft. It’s certainly not a Bentley. I’ve driven a Bentley. The SR22 is nothing close.

But every person’s body is different. I personally find David Clarks comfortable while others hate them.

Maybe he flew an "older" Cirrus? If so, maybe the older ones weren't like the new ones in terms of interior fit and finish. Idk. I have only sat in the newer ones (2014 and on) and I agree with you that the Cirrus has an interior that is leagues above any other manufacturer I have sat in (talking GA piston singles similar to the Cirrus). The most recent SR22T I sat in was a 2017 I believe and WOW. Felt like I was sitting in a Bentley. It was so much nicer than the new Mooney (I'm not a Mooney hater, I like Mooneys...). I haven't sat in a new TTx so I can't compare to that.

TTx is canceled so not really a factor any more.

Maybe a way of deciding is how many hours you fly a year? I have zero idea, but I would guess a twin would require more hours and probably more on going training than a fast NA single to maintain that safety edge. If you fly less hours, then knocking the rust off a Cirrus might be easier than a twin. If you cant commit to the hours and training then a less complex plane might be your deciding factor.

But I didnt stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Back