Spring has finally sprung

WHAT! No ribs?

Glad it's warming up for ya there in the tundra. :D

Work location last week (yes, US) was 101F.
Been BBQing all winter, however. :)

The Transition; that period when it’s pretty cool in the morning yet when you first start the truck, the AC is blasting you.

I can never get ribs at the right temp☹️☹️ and softness

Tell ya a way to cheat.

Put them in a glass baking dish in the microwave (blasphemy I know — but we’re talking when you don’t own a smoker here...) and par-boil then so they’re “almost done” in the beer. Doesn’t take too long.

Then remove, pat dry, cover in BBQ sauce, and toss on the grill to finish them.

Works for chicken too.

Just make sure you keep them covered with beer and don’t overcook them in the par-boil part and getting them on the grill and the BBQ sauce on them nice and hot and a little char is just a few minutes on the grill itself.

It’s also a way to pre-prep a TON of meat for a party so everything gets grilled but a big group doesn’t have to wait too long.

:)

Tell ya a way to cheat.

Put them in a glass baking dish in the microwave (blasphemy I know — but we’re talking when you don’t own a smoker here...) and par-boil then so they’re “almost done” in the beer. Doesn’t take too long.

Then remove, pat dry, cover in BBQ sauce, and toss on the grill to finish them.

Works for chicken too.

Just make sure you keep them covered with beer and don’t overcook them in the par-boil part and getting them on the grill and the BBQ sauce on them nice and hot and a little char is just a few minutes on the grill itself.

It’s also a way to pre-prep a TON of meat for a party so everything gets grilled but a big group doesn’t have to wait too long.

:)

Thanks. Am gonna have to try that

Before you do, make sure you get the correct ribs. Spareribs cook a bit different from babybacks which are even more different than beef ribs.

That too. For the parboil thing pork spareribs work the best. Don’t put beef in beer. Ha.

There are folks on this forum who can get you qual'd on ribs in the smoker without use of a microwave. @Matthew may be the best but I'm sure there are many alternatives.

There are folks on this forum who can get you qual'd on ribs in the smoker without use of a microwave. @Matthew may be the best but I'm sure there are many alternatives.

Absolutely. I made sure to say that trick was for no smoker and mass production. :)

Still better than a McRib. :)

Old shoes are better tasting than a McRib. I was quite anxious to try one when they first came out, couldn't finish it even though I just made minimum wage down the mall from McD's . . . . Have no idea how they stayed around so long and now keep coming back . . . . Nasty! :no:

Back