Sportys study buddy IFR test prep app

cowman

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cowman
When I studied for my ppl written I used sports study buddy app- it basically just generated tests on your iPad and let you take practice tests. I really liked this and used it a lot to gauge my progress and find my weak points.

Could have sworn I downloaded the same thing for instrument a while back. I was even doing practice tests but got busy and didn't continue. Now I'm starting up again and can't find the app. Doesn't seem to be on my iPad or in the App Store. Am I imagining it? I'm sure it existed.

www.SheppardAir.com

Their system really works for the written exams. And the memory aide sheet is worth twice the price of admission.

And their customer service is top shelf.

Go with Shepard air. Used it for my II written. Took 10 minutes to do the test and scored a 96.

To answer the OP question, I don't remember seeing a Sporty's test prep study buddy... They have the IFR DVDs though.

The "test buddy" features are built into the video app on the iPad/iPhone Insturment training app.

I'm sure it existed.
You are correct, it existed. But I never used the app itself because it wasn't free. (Maybe it is now? No idea.)
But you can always take the free practice test (even for IR) on their webpage. Works in most browsers, so you are not limited to crApple products.

It definitely existed and I used it for my test last week. Screenshot attached.

However, it no longer appears on Sporty's website, nor under their developer profile in the App Store. No idea why.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Perhaps they are cooking up a new version.

Or maybe they got too many complaints about the 8000 ADF questions in their app, that don't actually appear on the test.

Back