Sporty's IR Test Prep

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
Just read in EAA Sport Aviation mag that Sporty's has a 'deal' on their pilot training programs that will 'guarantee' a pass on the written, oral, and practical exams for PPL, Rec Pilot, and IR. (http://www.sportys.com/courses/)

I did the PPL book work myself and had a 90+% on the written, but I'm having trouble KEEPING the ball rolling on the IR book work. Has anyone used Sporty's test prep software? Is it worth the $250 for the IR course? Seems pretty steep to me. I'm also considering one of the weekend ground schools just to get the written aspect taken care of. Dad has said he'll take us both to a IR "refresher" course in Illinois for Christmas if I can just get the IR done.

Any suggestions? I'm *hoping* that the ground school will be easier to stay focused on once I get into the practical training.

-Chris

I liked the Sportys' presentation. I found it comprehensive and complete. What I learned about myself was that I'm "old school". Watching videos and taking quizzes on the TV didn't stick. I had to revert back to paper, pencil and a textbook for anything to stay in my mind.

I've got both the King Schools and Sporty's DVDs. They're different and each has its advantages. I'm taking both with my laptop on vacation to Hawaii next week. My wife thinks I'm nuts, but I remember studying for my 13 wpm code test for upgrading to Advanced on Maui back in 1992 (and passing when we got home), so I think studying when relaxed in paradise has its points.

Back