Sporty's CS Rant

The ugliness of PoA's underbelly is exposed once again by this thread.

The ugliness of PoA's underbelly is exposed once again by this thread.

OP came out $47 ahead and learned that most "aviation products" are hideously overpriced and unnecessary.

I'd call that a win in his book. Enough to buy the CS rep a beer. :)

OP came out $47 ahead and learned that most "aviation products" are hideously overpriced and unnecessary.

I'd call that a win in his book. Enough to buy the CS rep a beer. :)

That has nothing to do with the way he was treated in this thread. I'm as hard nosed as the next guy but the personal insults that are tossed at newbies here get obnoxious...including yours.

There's just really no need or excuse for it.

But, hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself...

The OP rant is pretty funny, IMHO. It sounds like a skit from a comedy show. Like the Monty Python cheese store skit, where the customer goes ballistic because he can't buy cheese.

This parrot is dead!

Sadly, many companies today have terrible customer service, and not necessarily justified by Soup Nazi quality products. It's just a fact of life today.

Welcome to POA. I hope you stick around, as there is a wealth of information and experience here, shared very generously, sometimes with some ribbing, gentle or otherwise.

For good customer service, try SimpliSafe. I have no affiliation with them, just a satisfied customer. Their CS vastly exceeds my expectations every time.

This parrot is dead!

No, it's just pinin' for the fjords!

article-2688184-1F8AF8BD00000578-511_634x433.jpg

That has nothing to do with the way he was treated in this thread. I'm as hard nosed as the next guy but the personal insults that are tossed at newbies here get obnoxious...including yours.

There's just really no need or excuse for it.

But, hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself...

I made no personal insults. The no whining sign is for everyone to enjoy.

Feel free to print a copy and hang it up for reference if you find it useful.

As far as "feel better about [myself]", that's weird. Why would I base my self esteem on anything I posted an Internet forum?

I didn't say anything bad about him.

Certainly nothing personal.

There's more signs out in the garage.

They come in handy when neighbors want to discuss the events of the week. Just point at the appropriate one...

ea5f027e9d1d5fb449eb1f2d6043b4d3.jpg

Highly recommended hangar and garage/shop decor.

People are rarely sympathetic to rants, even if they are items over which they also have personal feelings about. In this case, there's not even a lot of kindred spirits who might be inclined to be sentimental.

Rants aren't going to change other people's views about Sporty's, nor improve the ranter's situation.

I spent about ten minutes trying to explain to a Sporty's rep how a pair of chocks could be defective. He couldn't figure out what I was trying to tell him but he just sent me a replacement anyhow.

People are rarely sympathetic to rants, even if they are items over which they also have personal feelings about. In this case, there's not even a lot of kindred spirits who might be inclined to be sentimental.

Rants aren't going to change other people's views about Sporty's, nor improve the ranter's situation.

I spent about ten minutes trying to explain to a Sporty's rep how a pair of chocks could be defective. He couldn't figure out what I was trying to tell him but he just sent me a replacement anyhow.

How could chicks be defective?

Back