Sporty E6B app for iPad

RonP

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
RvP
Just upgraded the E6B app on my ipad and can no longer find the weight and balance function. The menus are totally different and can not find it. Anyone know where it is?

Looks like they screwed it up in a number of ways. I had one function in my favorites group. It wasn't carried over as a "saved" and, as far as I can tell, there's no way to edit the "saved" group.

The Sporty’s website for the app at the bottom of the first paragraph states, “and an all new weight and balance calculator”.

However like an idiot I did not know Foreflight has a far superior W&B calculator. From your tail number alone gets the FAA stations AND the W&B envelope for your airplane type. The setup only requires entering the current empty weight and arm for your airplane. Once done you enter passenger and pilot weight, fuel and baggage and the W&B displays on the W&B envelope with a green dot on the graph if you are in and a red dot outside if you are out. It’s a beautiful thing!

However like an idiot I did not know Foreflight has a far superior W&B calculator.
The feature I like in FF’s W&B is saving common items and their weights for a particular station.

An example is saving the name and weight of people I fly with. Or items in the baggage area.

I also did this with fuel with names of 25, 50, 75, 100 percent.

Like many, I prefer FF’s implementation of W&B over most other offerings

I reviewed it on the appstore. Asked for the old version back :D

Back