Spin Zone not gone completely

Bob Noel

Touchdown! Greaser!
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Noel
I'm still a member of the Spin Zone group.

Just can't see any posts/threads, can't make any post/threads.

I wonder if people can still join the Spin Zone group.

I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything like that, but I just have a question.

If the Spin Zone is/was so important to certain people, why not just create a forum somewhere, name it whatever, and continue there?

I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything like that, but I just have a question.

If the Spin Zone is/was so important to certain people, why not just create a forum somewhere, name it whatever, and continue there?

That's a great idea and it was done. Pilotspin.com

I just took a mid-day nap (AWESOME) and when I awoke, I thought "I really really really hope there another spin zone thread on PoA". props to you, my good man!

I, for one, am not "upset"*.

It just struck me as odd that the Spin Zone group still exists.

*bad decision, but POA is not my sandbox so I don't get to make the rules.

I, for one, am not "upset"*.

It just struck me as odd that the Spin Zone group still exists.

*bad decision, but POA is not my sandbox so I don't get to make the rules.

I doubt it's an intentional thing. The people that run this place for free will likely remove the Spin Zone group and references in due time.

Gone, nah

As long as you have a forum of people from different mindsets you'll always have a "spin zone" regardless if you have a little folder with the name.

I think most people go through each day just trying to get by; mostly the day is routine - you have a few minor hassles and a few good spots each day - but, at times, there is this Aggravation.
The Aggravation always comes from one place, one cause, one source, and on a regular basis. No Aggravation is quite so keenly distressing in your life.
It is natural and healthy that one would want to avoid or minimize this; it is reasonable that you would want to rid your life of this. (in this case it is more than a selfish goal, continue reading my experience below).

I have been there; I moderated a chat group with a few people who were not only a constant aggravation but they brought down the rest of the group....truly good people were leaving and we were being left with a group of nasty malcontents*. Once I purged them, it was like a huge load was off my life and the chatgroup once again became awesome with a healthy and amicable exchange of forward looking, helpful ideas. Many members thanked me and our numbers soared from 300 to over 800. I learned a little about leadership in that experience.

*as an example of what can happen when there is no leadership, I am also a member of another aviation chatgroup. In this group, the moderators disappeared completely, leaving people to spout whatever they felt they had the right to. ALL the decent people have left, and there are a few hate-filled people remaining is very little talk about the original reason for gathering! (I need to remove that bookmark, keep forgetting to) So, the reasonable people with any decency left and all that remains is a very small forum of people who like to jab at...each other, politicians, any other person or group they can think of. Without strong leadership, a chatgroup/forum can get truly ugly and not at all what was intended.

I was hoping the spin zone weirdos would leave POA all together, but for the most part they're still here.

LOL, I'm thinking the spin zone wasn't the problem.

I was hoping the spin zone weirdos would leave POA all together, but for the most part they're still here.

So, is this what the MC meant when they talked about "Building a community"? :dunno:

I have some small doubt that a Spin Zone only website will achieve critical mass. With luck POA will soldier on in a diminished capacity, it has been the most active of the aviation boards.

Let me guess.....

Oh never mind.

Nope. The problem is, all the "weirdos" still like flying and airplanes. For those discussions, there still is no better place.

I never went there but my guess is that the issue was not the Spin Zone itself but some of the spinning that some of the spinners spun. :goofy:

And so, of course, the best solution was to get rid of it for everyone because of some. THAT's how you build a community, donchaknow, by imposing collective punishment on all people who are associated with those who violate the rules.

And so, of course, the best solution was to get rid of it for everyone because of some. THAT's how you build a community, donchaknow, by imposing collective punishment on all people who are associated with those who violate the rules.

I think we learned that that is called "leadership."

I still come here for the aviation content, but when I click on "new posts", I don't really see much interesting so I don't hang around long. Then I go to pilotspin and don't find too much aviation stuff. The result is that I have been spending less time on the computer and more time outside. Win-win.

I still come here for the aviation content, but when I click on "new posts", I don't really see much interesting so I don't hang around long. Then I go to pilotspin and don't find too much aviation stuff. The result is that I have been spending less time on the computer and more time outside. Win-win.

It is too cold and the weather is too bad up here to fly and I'm watching the clock run on our ferry permit to even get the plane INTO annual.

Ah well. It is Sunday. I might go turn into one of those guys who hangs out at the airport on Sunday.

Back