Spike's love affair

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Spike gave me an out-of-the-blue call this afternoon, wanting to know if I wanted to go for a ride in his new Bonanza. He flew over to Meacham (KFTW) from Addison to pick me up.

What a pretty plane!! This was my first time flying a V-tail Bonanza. Thanks for the hands-on time, Spike, I had a great time!

Here's some pictures:

http://picasaweb.google.com/troy.whistman/SpikesLoveAffair

Last edited:
Nice Photo!! except for that ugly guy in the way of the airplane. :D:D:D
Hey I only see one pic Troy, and it hangs up - won't load completely. Me or the site?

Nice Photo!! except for that ugly guy in the way of the airplane. :D:D:D
Hey I only see one pic Troy, and it hangs up - won't load completely. Me or the site?

Works fine for me, must be the fact that you don't have SSL enabled in your email client per AT&T Yahoo's instructions. :D

Nice pictures Troy! I especially like the ones with the "Spike Smile". :)

Man your lucky! Spike has never popped to wings to give me a ride. :D Nice photos!!!

Great looking ride, Spike! She's a real beauty! Troy, you need to send those sunset shots in to AOPA - those are gorgeous!!!

What a beauty, what a smile on Spike - looks like a beautiful flight!

Cheers,

-Andrew

Great looking pictures of a great looking plane! I too can't wait for Gaston's to check out this beauty.

Great looking pictures of a great looking plane! I too can't wait for Gaston's to check out this beauty.

Yeah, and then, I can chase you across the state, always behind you, burning more gas... :D

Very nice pics and wonderful fella with a big smile. Hope that grin stays as big as a Cheshire cat's until after the first annual. :D

Best,

Dave

Yeah, and then, I can chase you across the state, always behind you, burning more gas... :D
Shoot, if we'd wanted to race we would've bought P-51s:D.
Anyway, I've shown you mine; so now you have to show me yours.

Nah, at least 15 knots faster, and almost exactly as as efficiently, with about twice the room :yes:

-Felix

Yabut, after Gaston's this year, I followed Lance, and never seemed to get closer. Each time I'd wonder how bad the WX was ahead, the controller would say, "Let me ask this Mooney went through ahead of you..." and then I'd hear Lance, ice-water in his veins, saying how it was all OK. He, in the 201, I, in an F33A.

We each made our own, independent choices about what deviations to make and how we were gonna change our flight plans "on the fly" (so to speak), and yet...

...we later looked at our respective Flightaware tracks, and it looked like I shoulda felt his wake turbulence, or maybe looked outside for some chips 'n' dip from the divine Mrs. Lance, or sumpin'!

Ennyhoo, I love my plane, and I think she likes me OK too. :yes:

Yabut, after Gaston's this year, I followed Lance, and never seemed to get closer. Each time I'd wonder how bad the WX was ahead, the controller would say, "Let me ask this Mooney went through ahead of you..." and then I'd hear Lance, ice-water in his veins, saying how it was all OK. He, in the 201, I, in an F33A.

We each made our own, independent choices about what deviations to make and how we were gonna change our flight plans "on the fly" (so to speak), and yet...

...we later looked at our respective Flightaware tracks, and it looked like I shoulda felt his wake turbulence, or maybe looked outside for some chips 'n' dip from the divine Mrs. Lance, or sumpin'!

Ennyhoo, I love my plane, and I think she likes me OK too. :yes:
Just kidding. Congrats on the plane; excellent choice! :yes:

-Felix

Will you dare take that to Gastons and land it on the "grass". If you do I will be glad to look at it. Bob

Will you dare take that to Gastons and land it on the "grass". If you do I will be glad to look at it. Bob

Yes, Bob, I will dare...

...so you, sir, you, will have to be there!

Back