Spike Cutler New MC Member

Pilots Of America Management

MC Announcements and Communication
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Pilots of America Management
Before the New Year the MC announced that there would be some changes in the style and make up of the Management Council. Chuck will be stepping back and we will be filling the open spot. The MC has thought long and hard about this replacement and the need to fill Chuck's spot with a intelligent, fair and analytical person we have selected Spike Cutler as the newest member of the POA Management Council. Spike has accepted and is our newest MC member. So as to make the transition as smooth as possible. Chuck will be steadily reducing his role over the next 60 days at which time we anticipate he will have totally removed himself from the MC. So please all y'all join the MC in welcoming Spike to the Council.

Re: Spike Culter New MC Member

I dunno, I still thought the version that said
...despite the need to fill Chuck's spot with a intelligent, fair and analytical person we have selected Spike Cutler as the newest member of the POA Management Council. Regardless of his total ineptitude and lack of qualifications we thought his Texas drawl would be an entertaining addition to our group.
was more accurate ;)

But all kidding aside, Spike, it's good to have you on the team!

good for you spike, at least i think so...:)

Thanks Spike, and congratulations... I guess. :smilewinkgrin:

So as to make the transition as smooth as possible...

Hope and change, change and hope.

good for you spike, at least i think so...:)

We're looking for another board member for our homeowner's association. Think he would be interested in that job too? Same odds on keeping everybody happy.

Poor Bastid. Bet the new guy gets sent to closely monitor SZ for 90 days.

Poor Bastid. Bet the new guy gets sent to closely monitor SZ for 90 days.
That would be a breeze considering what has been happening on the parts of the site outside of the SZ. It has just been rude, mean and nasty in the non-SZ area.

Last edited:

Was I the only person to notice that you spelled his name wrong in the title of this thread and in the news sub-forum?

Congrats!

Congrats Spike!

Any relation to Ann?

Certainly an even keeled, well spoken, intelligent fella. Thanks for helping out Spike.

Best,

Dave

Thanks for helping out and keeping everything going smoothly.... to all the POA Management.

Be sure to hide the swords from Spike. ;) :D

You're all right, Spike, glad your voice is on the MC. That said, you're gonna be a busy boy... feel free to leave a set of your plane keys with me so it can get flown regularly..... ;-)

Who's Spike "Culter"?

Seriously, though, congrats to Spike Cutler. Couldn't imagine a better guy for the job.

And as much as I like Spike, why is this thread a Sticky, and the excellent engine failure thread is not? :dunno:

At least the "all y'all" stayed in the intro ;)

Welcome behind the curtain, Spike.

Uh oh! It's gonna hit the fan, now.

Congratulations Spike... I think?

:)

Of course I'm not really sure what the MC does :p, but if anyone can do a good job of it Spike can. Congrats!

Congrats, Spike! I wrote about nine pithy things, and opted instead to congratulate you -- because you are an upstanding guy, no matter what Adam says about you.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Of course I'm not really sure what the MC does

That is an important point that us forum users often have no clue about....I will take a stab. Considering all admins, they:

-first of all, run the hardware and software - troubleshoot outages and 'slowages', try to implement user's requests for new features, or field complaints about how things are currently running.

-then there dealing with the interpersonal communications that the forums exist for.......its probably like this:

As a moderator, you spend hours of your own time, and great quantities of mental effort - all at no pay, doing the impossible: trying to arrange it so a huge variety of folks of greatly different backgrounds and values will get along with each other. You will also be required to attempt to smooth ruffled feathers, to rein in outlandish behavior, and occasionally pass judgment on the variety of daily incidents that happen on the forums. Whether they are forums you normally would subscribe to or not. I should also mention that you will then suffer the punishment of being judged on your...judgements. And each judgment you make, you stand a good chance of losing at least one actual, or potential friend.

So this would be a good place to reflect - nay publicly thank those who make, or have made POA possible for us.
I don't even know all the mods or techs or other principals, but..... a 'cheers' to all of you.

That is an important point that us forum users often have no clue about....I will take a stab. Considering all admins, they:

-first of all, run the hardware and software - troubleshoot outages and 'slowages', try to implement user's requests for new features, or field complaints about how things are currently running.

Let's be very direct here: JESSE!

Any questions?

-then there dealing with the interpersonal communications that the forums exist for.......its probably like this:

As a moderator, you spend hours of your own time, and great quantities of mental effort - all at no pay, doing the impossible: trying to arrange it so a huge variety of folks of greatly different backgrounds and values will get along with each other. You will also be required to attempt to smooth ruffled feathers, to rein in outlandish behavior, and occasionally pass judgment on the variety of daily incidents that happen on the forums. Whether they are forums you normally would subscribe to or not. I should also mention that you will then suffer the punishment of being judged on your...judgements. And each judgment you make, you stand a good chance of losing at least one actual, or potential friend.

So this would be a good place to reflect - nay publicly thank those who make, or have made POA possible for us.
I don't even know all the mods or techs or other principals, but..... a 'cheers' to all of you.

See, that's the deal- I signed-on for the glory! :D

I thought the only purpose of the MC was to oversee the "Children of the Zone."

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Spike. Long hours...NO Pay. Heh.

It's like being a parent, except you don't need to be nice to the kids because they'll never pick your retirement home... you hope.

Congrats, Spike.

Congrats (?) Spike and good luck putting up with all of us! I'm sure you're going to know even more about many of us before too long. :)

Back