Special issuance time frame

Trcpilot

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Cjayfly1
Good Morning,
I was curious if anyone here has sent in a special issuance initial or renewal in the last 6 months? If that’s you, what has the time frame generally been?
Thanks!

Not exactly the same thing but might be of some help - I applied for my SODA in the beginning of Oct and got my approval letter to schedule a medical flight test around mid December. Been trying to schedule some kind of flight test ever since.

Not exactly the same thing but might be of some help - I applied for my SODA in the beginning of Oct and got my approval letter to schedule a medical flight test around mid December. Been trying to schedule some kind of flight test ever since.
Hey @AMFlying , what is a SODA? That’s my first time hearing this terminology. I hope you’re able to get one scheduled soon. I’m sure the winter storm will set them back for a while.

Good Morning,
I was curious if anyone here has sent in a special issuance initial or renewal in the last 6 months? If that’s you, what has the time frame generally been?
Thanks!

Depends on the issue the SI is for, whether it is a revenue pilot or not, and initial or renewal with a lot of variation depending on those factors.

Perhaps specify and someone will have recent experience.

Hey @AMFlying , what is a SODA? That’s my first time hearing this terminology. I hope you’re able to get one scheduled soon. I’m sure the winter storm will set them back for a while.

Statement of demonstrated ability. Used for specific issues, like being paraplegic, or some forms of color blindness, which are stable.

Update: I received my first class special issuance last week. From exam to authorization took about 9 weeks total time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back