spam spam spam

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
are you all getting a TON of spam these past few days? I mean, a TON? I was out of the office most of the day, checked yahoo - 32 junk mails, when I usually get 2-3... this has gone on for a few days now...

It's been crazy for me!! Course, I usually get a couple hundred a day; most are blocked but a larger number are getting through for some reason.

Dave

I've been hit particularly hard the past couple days too. Not on my gmail accounts, though.

Nothing unusual, but I get a lot at work. I was in a phone meeting this afternoon when my boss commented on one that had just arrived in his inbox, sounded like one I had deleted earlier in the day. Forwarded them to our in-house e-mail address for such things to help them tune the filters.

Ive noticed the same thing Elizebeth. wonder whats up with that? could one person be responcible for that much spam??

woodstock said:
are you all getting a TON of spam these past few days?
Yes, I've noticed that too. Also my antivirus program told me that it deleted some attachments associated with the spam.

Yes, just a few more than usual have gotten through, all due to the Holiday Season efforts in Nigeria, in spite of massive filtering software for my email.

There are a number of new ones that just came out, including some from fbi.gov and cia.gov that have viruses attached.

While tuning our in-house spam firewall, I've seen a LOT of spam slip through with techniques like misspellings (a common one), embedding html or graphics, and, of course, the variations on the Nigerian scams (now coming from UK, Japan, and a few from Italy recently).

It's irritating but someone has to be responding to this crap to make it worthwhile. I can't imagine who would be so gullible, though.

Nigerian scam!?

Wait, you mean that guy I gave my bank account info to WONT be sending me millions of dollars!?!??!

Seriously tho - an increase? No idea. I get so much spam each day its not funny. I can't tell when the volume goes up anymore, its too high as it is.

In fact to date, the only "public" email address I have that doesn't get much spam is my PoA address. Go figure...

woodstock said:
are you all getting a TON of spam these past few days? I mean, a TON? I was out of the office most of the day, checked yahoo - 32 junk mails, when I usually get 2-3... this has gone on for a few days now...

I always get a lot. We have WebShield at work for our company server
and it catches about 3000 per day coming in. If it's not from someone
I know I just delete it on the other accounts.

Just the usual 75+ a day. Since I started the job search, I turned off the RBL filters on the mail server.... what a difference it is when they are turned off.

my spam all seems to be coming from Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie.

each one has an attachment. it's only hitting yahoo for some reason - and it's a lot.

The spam mail that seems to find it's way just like fog coming in to cover a runway early in the morning, I just hit the delete key. But it has increased just like the winds at this time of year.

It must be the "Holidays" and spam seems to creep in greater numbers as we get closer to the holidays.

John

Back