Southwest Airlines Comical Preflight Briefing

Looks like she had all the pax attention ,for a change. Liked the video,she covered all the points with humor.

Southwest is great. My favorite so far to date:

"...place the life preserver over your head and buckle in the front...once outside the plane pull down on the red tab to inflate. If that doesn't work, blow in the tube on your shoulder. If that doesn't work, well then it's just not your day."

Perhaps a little too much. I like that if keeps attention, but I suspect some people were laughing too hard to hear.

Funny stuff though...we don't expect a water landing, if we did, none of us would be at work today, ...

Had an SWA flight attendant last year (maybe the same one working on her material) deliver the line:

"If this flight becomes a cruise, take out that yellow vest below your seat...."

One I was on (Southwest), after the pilot thumped the landing, "after captain crash bounces us to the gate, be very very careful opening the overhead compartments as everything is sure to have shifted..."

Almost as comical as the boarding procedure.

Almost as comical as the boarding procedure.

I prefer SWA's boarding procedure, because (as an infrequent flyer without status enough to ever fly in First), it is the only boarding procedure that allows you to remain comfortably seated until it is your turn to board, and you do not lose your place.

I prefer SWA's boarding procedure, because (as an infrequent flyer without status enough to ever fly in First), it is the only boarding procedure that allows you to remain comfortably seated until it is your turn to board, and you do not lose your place.

I am actually a frequent flyer on SWA and the procedure works great for me, as I am pretty much assured of an A boarding group number (status) so getting an aisle is never an issue and I am usually near the front. The only time it bites me is on tight transfers, if the first flight is running late.

Why would Nick hit that?

I am guessing because, prior to being monogamous and in love, Nick expressed a very favorable view toward sharing his manly delights with the ladies.

I am guessing because, prior to being monogamous and in love, Nick expressed a very favorable view toward sharing his manly delights with the ladies.

Hahaha, that makes sense, then.

One I was on (Southwest), after the pilot thumped the landing, "after captain crash bounces us to the gate, be very very careful opening the overhead compartments as everything is sure to have shifted..."

Or as one attendant said, "Be careful opening those bins because like the famous bumper sticker says, 'Shift happens'."

Or as one attendant said, "Be careful opening those bins because like the famous bumper sticker says, 'Shift happens'."

I liked this one during the preflight briefing, the FA says, "Wear your seatbelt low and tight, like the captain wears his speedos!"

Or this one after a rather firm landing, the flight attendant standing right in front of us said "Ladies and gentlemen, that landing was not the pilot's fault, it wasn't the airplane's fault, it was the asphalt."

Please remain seated while Captain Kangaroo bounces what's left of the aircraft back to the terminal

Then there was an American Airlines flight I was on in 1991 where the FAs were barely able to get through the briefing as they were on the ragged edge of cracking up. 9 Boy Scouts in full uniform were mimicking every move they made demonstrating the safety equipment. The two adult leaders (in uniform, I was one of them) just sat there and enjoyed the show. Made the FAs' day, they're as tired of those briefings as we are, maybe more so.

Southwest is the only American carrier I enjoy flying. Excellent experience, every time.

Back