Southern ATL airport suggestion?

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
If weather cooperates next week, we will be flying into the southern-Atlanta area to check out the area and housing options before making a move to the area at the end of December.

What is the best/easiest GA airport to use as far as access to the Fairburn area, rental car availability, etc.?

We're planning on making a day trip out of it - in in the morning and out in the evening. Arriving from the N/NW. Thinking KFFC or KCCO look good.

Any tips?

I'd go with FFC. It's a nice place, and it is adjacent to Aircraft Spruce's store. :) Looks like about 15 or so miles up to Fairburn.
Are you giving up th good life in Iowa for the "Sunny South"?

I agree with FFC.

Plus the Dixie Wing of the CAF is based there. :yesnod:

http://dw.squawk1200.net/

Could squeeze in a Mustang ride while you're house hunting.

I'd go with FFC. It's a nice place, and it is adjacent to Aircraft Spruce's store. :) Looks like about 15 or so miles up to Fairburn.
Are you giving up th good life in Iowa for the "Sunny South"?

Always glad to get another PoAer into the ATL.

Yep.. We're heading back down towards God's country. ;) It will be a welcome relief to leave Iowa at the end of December just as it's getting bitterly cold. It will be like a mini-heatwave for us. :) We'll see how my wife does when the second week of August rolls around, though. ;)

I didn't realize there was CAF wing so close. How convenient! Looks like we will have to expand our housing search to Fayetteville and Peachtree City areas as well.

Thanks for the tips on airports. Looks like RMG V154 TIROE is a pretty common clearance to get into that area.

I've landed at PBK on two occasions, and it was a generally good experience. However there are several other airports with much cheaper fuel nearby. We would do the hop over to get our cheap fuel on the way into town and then leave pretty close to full.

Back