Southeast Fly-in, April 29/30, 2006 North Myrtle Beach, SC

Bill Jennings said:
Holly was all smiles, and loved the airplane. "Daddy, we're taller than all the cars." Then later, "Daddy, we're taller than the trees." Then later, "We're taller than EVERYONE!" God bless her!

Mommy, on the other hand :hairraise:

Great family you have there Bill! And Holly is precious!

Frank Browne said:

I second that. What a great little trooper Holly was.....stuck with a bunch of adults at a table talking airplanes. She was an absolute doll-baby....oh, and Sherri was a real trooper also :yes: . Now if we can just figure out how to get her in the left seat...bet she'd love it.

What a great time!!! Great seeing Mark and Agatha again, and meeting Tom and Bill. Sorry to miss you, Frank, but there's always the next time.

Poor Jill....having to listen to me fuss about talking on the radio....now there's another trooper :D .

So when's the next adventure??????

And by the way, Kaye - you sounded GREAT on the radio! We were listening right on up to where Fayetteville passed you off . . . ;)

ya just sounded professional as all get-out (as we say down here!;))!!

Frank Browne said:

Thanks, Frank. Your son was a hoot, looks like a civil engineer in the making!

Kaye said:
Now if we can just figure out how to get her in the left seat...bet she'd love it.

I'm trying, my primary instructor long ago offered (still standing) to take her up for an hour or two and let her do as much or as little as she wanted, no charge. All I need to do is rent the airplane. She's still "thinking about it", and we all know what THAT means in "wife speak" ;)

Bill Jennings said:
I'm trying, my primary instructor long ago offered (still standing) to take her up for an hour or two and let her do as much or as little as she wanted, no charge. All I need to do is rent the airplane. She's still "thinking about it", and we all know what THAT means in "wife speak" ;)

I know I do, having used that one on my kids numerous times. :goofy: But she did great, Bill. Hope you didn't run into anything going home--we were watching the Stormscope and thinking about you...

Kaye said:
Poor Jill....having to listen to me fuss about talking on the radio....now there's another trooper :D .

So when's the next adventure??????

Oh yeah... 'cause you know, I'm the smooth talker. :no:

What a great day. I hope we can do another one soon.

555Juliet said:
I But she did great, Bill. Hope you didn't run into anything going home--we were watching the Stormscope and thinking about you...

She did do very well. We had almost no turb (despite an airmet for occasional mod below 010), and we did go thru one 6-8min rain shower that was IMC. Other than that, a great flight home, and even had a tailwind most of the way.

BTW, big thumbs up to Ramp 66, great service. By the time I turned off the runway, the line guy was there with a golf cart to lead me to the ramp. And, by the time we got out of the cabin, one had showed up with the rental car beside the plane, engine running and trunk open, while another had already arrived and was refueling the plane.

Inside, the ladies at the desk were very nice and pleasant. Great experience!

Bill Jennings said:
BTW, big thumbs up to Ramp 66, great service. By the time I turned off the runway, the line guy was there with a golf cart to lead me to the ramp. And, by the time we got out of the cabin, one had showed up with the rental car beside the plane, engine running and trunk open, while another had already arrived and was refueling the plane.

Inside, the ladies at the desk were very nice and pleasant. Great experience!

I have been there a couple of times and the service is always good. The last time I was there the 100LL was priced at about the same as my home field. A good experience usually brings you back. Ramp 66 knows that good customer service is good for business and good for the customer.

Here are some photo's:

Frank Brown and his son trading communication device:
Hereisthecommucator-callforthetrans.jpg

Bill Jennings, his wife Sherrie (sp?) and a very tired Holly:
BillJennings-Sherrie-Holly.jpg

The Sunday Crew:
TheSundayGroup.jpg

Agatha and Kaye discuss the finer points of cleaning sunglasses:
Thenabughitmyglasses.jpg

Perhaps Bill can add some more.:yes:

Bill, there were at least 3 women pilots there. You should really talk Sherrie into becoming a pilot. Too bad the wx sucked when I was in BNA...bc I would have been glad to have shared my badge so she could have seen what "Women In Aviation" was all about.

Back