wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
Southeast Fly-in!
Date: April 29 and 30, 2006
Place: KCRE - Grand Strand Airport, North Myrtle Beach, SC

I just got off the phone with Bob from Ramp 66 at KCRE and he states that he'd love to have us. Here's some information about the airport:

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KCRE
5996x100' asphalt runway (small, I know
wink.gif
)
Close Beach Access
Plenty of Attractions for family
No parking fee for the day, 10$ for overnight parking
No required fuel purchase, but please show them some courtesy for hosting us.
Current 100LL cost: 3.91 w/ all taxes, Bob states he'll give us a 10 - 15 cent discount on whatever the posted fuel cost is that day.
Rental cars: 10% discount, will find out costs at a future date.

I'll start digging and try to find us some deals for those days. I'll be happy to answer any questions or forward them as necessary. Thanks to everyone who has signed up, and if you haven't, GET ON THE BALL! We want to see you there!

Also, is anyone interested in lunch or dinner together on the 29th? If so, I can start looking at restaurants in the area. Thanks!

Got it on the calendar. Hope for the best. If Agatha's back is better she may come too.

Aztec Driver said:
So, are Northeaster's invited to this????? That'd be a great weekender for my wife and I.

Absolutely everyone is invited :D the more the merrier!

HPNFlyGirl said:
Sounds good to me.

Hey Mark,

If you have any open seats could I bum a ride?
As the time gets closer let's talk. A seat may be open.

I'm just planning on one day down, a meal and same day back, but that may change.

wbarnhill said:
I'll start digging and try to find us some deals for those days.

Cool, any chance of trying to get a bulk discount at a hotel on the beach for Sat night?

For some reason, I can't sign in to the fly-in site (never claimed to be adept with 'puters), but I've put this on the calendar.......iffn you're allowing VA pilots to also attend :D

Kaye

wbarnhill said:
Also, is anyone interested in lunch or dinner together on the 29th? If so, I can start looking at restaurants in the area. Thanks!

In for both lunch and dinner, preferably seafood with a beach/harbor/water view.

My sincerest apologies. I restarted the system, but forgot to start up the MySQL database.

Fixed now :D

Kaye said:
No, silly......Virginia, as in ADIZ enabled.....:goofy:

OK, "grumpy husband" made me laugh. Gotta be a story there...

Ok, I'm getting some help from a hotel and golf resort in the area, I need some definitive numbers on how many people will be spending the night and how many nights, as well as who wants to golf. Let me know so I can get some numbers together!

wbarnhill said:
Ok, I'm getting some help from a hotel and golf resort in the area,

Being on a golf course, I'd assume not beachside?

I am the guy William is talking to about the hotel near CRE. I have been using this board and others for a while, and even though I have never asked or added anything before, it has been very helpful and informative. It seems that any question I have had when I was training had been asked and answered already - very convenient! Now, I feel that I can finally contribute something in return.

The hotel William is talking about is an oceanfront hotel. The golf course is about a mile away from the hotel, and both are about 7 miles from CRE. There is limited availability for that Saturday night, but if I can get a pretty definite idea of the room nights I should be able to swing something. I just talked with our golf guys, and they are booked for that Saturday, but have some Sunday afternoon times available (it's the peak golf season that time of year).

The sooner there is a solid number for rooms and golf, I can let everyone know what the hotel can do about rates.

John

Finster said:
There is limited availability for that Saturday night, but if I can get a pretty definite idea of the room nights I should be able to swing something.

The sooner there is a solid number for rooms and golf, I can let everyone know what the hotel can do about rates.

John

Thank you, John, what is would be the rate for an oceanfront single with two double beds, for instance?

555Juliet said:
Kaye, you going down for the day or the whole weekend?

Just the day......I remembered I've got a family obligation on Sunday.

Want to ride along?

And Beth, you want to go too?

Kaye said:
Just the day......I remembered I've got a family obligation on Sunday.

Want to ride along?

And Beth, you want to go too?

Kaye, that would be awesome! I'll sit in the back, take pictures, and provide commentary. thanks for the offer!

I just told Woodstock I misread my calendar and have something stupid that Saturday. But if plans change I'll let you know. I'd love to see your Trinidad, now that I'm close to finishing up the checkout.

555Juliet said:
I just told Woodstock I misread my calendar and have something stupid that Saturday. But if plans change I'll let you know. I'd love to see your Trinidad, now that I'm close to finishing up the checkout.

Bummer.....keep me posted.....

OK. Plans have changed.

I CAN GO!!!

Happy to share expenses, etc. Now we all have to coordinate where to meet! (What a happy task!)

555Juliet said:
OK. Plans have changed.

I CAN GO!!!

Happy to share expenses, etc. Now we all have to coordinate where to meet! (What a happy task!)

YEAH!!!!!!!! :D

woodstock said:
who is bringing the duck?

mine is always with me......just ask Ray, or for that matter, any of my checkride DE's....

Kaye, and everyone - I'm sorry, I'm going to have to bail.

this is the ONLY free wkd I have to go down to visit my house before I close on it! I figure if I'm buying the dang thing I should at least visit it a few times. I just got my plane tickets sorted. sorry! I'll try to make the next one.

wanna have one down there in late June? I'll be spending a week down there at that time... Hilton Head area.

Will you all meet up someplace? I'm new in here, and would like to say "hello" if we will all be in the same place! Sounds like fun...

ednowlin said:
Will you all meet up someplace? I'm new in here, and would like to say "hello" if we will all be in the same place! Sounds like fun...
I was wondering if this trip to CRE was still planned. Any details yet other than location? Meeting place, lunch place, dinner place, etc?

Right now Tom Sisk, maybe Agatha (providing), maybe Tom's wife (providing) and myself are planning on attending, at least for lunch.

Ed, glad to see you if you want to come down.

The fly-in is still on, I'm trying to get in touch with Bob at Ramp 66 to make sure he's still aware we'll be there that weekend. I've had a few people say they want to make this a family outing as well, but I think a group dinner is agreed on. I know the fly-in register is currently down, which has to do with my university's firewall, but don't worry, it's still on :D

NC Pilot said:
I Meeting place, lunch place, dinner place, etc?

Have plane, have hotel, still in. Interested in both lunch and dinner...

Elizabeth, sorry to hear it. Was looking forward to meeting you! Hope we can do it again some other time!

Well, Beth, that's a bummer.....but there's always another time.

On a different note, Jill and I are flying down Sunday instead of Saturday (got my days mixed up for a family obligation). Any plans for a group brunch? If not, hopefully we'll still catch up with some of you.........??????

Kaye

I'm not certain I'll be able to make it up there now due to a rather unfortunate change in my domestic situation. :(

D*mn, Frank, that doesn't sound good . . . good luck with it, whatever it is! :(

Frank Browne said:
I'm not certain I'll be able to make it up there now due to a rather unfortunate change in my domestic situation. :(
Darn it. Agatha and I were both looking forward to meeting you. Hope everything works out.

Thanks much you guys! Ya just never know the twists and turns that life throws at ya. :dunno: I have a lot of decisions to make in the coming weeks, one of which will be whether or not I can make it up to MB that weekend. If it is at all within my power, I'm going to be there. Right now though, I just don't know yet. :fcross::fcross:

Back