South Florida POA meetup

I will be doing a run here shortly to check out Banyan in person, as well as Jet Runway Cafe. Would you guys prefer I shoot you a message when I know it's going to happen to see if anyone can make it?

This coming Thursday/Friday 13/14 I will be in the KTMB area, however I'll be on 4 wheels and flying low, instead of 3 and scaring the birds.

Last edited:
Would be interested in a meeting in march or October when I have my plane south.If anything develops thanks Ron

Well at the end of October Key West is the hotspot around the whole US. This place turns into one of the most popular places to be during the last 10 days of October.

If you plan on coming here, better try for reservations now.

Sent from my iPhone using An APP that doesn't pay me to advertise for them.

Would be interested in a meeting in march or October when I have my plane south.If anything develops thanks Ron

March or October? Anyway if you want to set something up for October then just do eet!

Hope to be in Florida late September or early October and will check in then

busy prepping for the commercial checkride

just came back from KHWO yesterday, but we normally go there for few days only and realistically to visit my folks, so not too much free time.

On the way back from OSH looking forward to fla in oct.

Anyone want to hit the Naples area this weekend?

My friend might be available to share a club 172 with me on Sunday but neither of us is interested in paying a $25 landing fee at Naples (in addition to normal ramp fee/fuel purchase). How about X01 on Sunday? We can have lunch in town.

What does it cost to fly into Naples and where would we eat?

They hit you with a $20 parking spot, unless you grab 10 gals in gas. For me it works better to grab 10 gals in gas, because the FBO here will deduct it from my rental fee. Heck I'll burn roughly 16 minimum for a round trip.

As far as eating venues... man it's allot and it all depends on what you want to grab. My favorite by far is the Happy Hour at McCormick & Schmicks. It is the only one in Florida. My 2nd favorite spot to be found at is The Counter.

I just rent a car at the crew rate which is $50 including taxes and they give it to me for 24 hours. Last time I was there they gave me a Mercedes GL450. So you can't beat that, then 6 of us just "split it" which made it chump change at that point.

We made a day out of it, and not just a burger run.

They got a kick ass movie theater, called Silver Spot.

Then if you have a lady you like to spoil, there is always the infamous 5th Ave where there seems to be an endless amount of Ferrari's, Bentley's, etc... up and down the block.
612-lineup-naples-ferrari-show-2010.jpg

Just off the top of my head, that is Naples for me on a day trip. If I actually sit down and plan something out, I could probably do something productive while I was there besides intake calories :)

How about X01 on Sunday?

X01 is good to hit on a saturday, when the town is actually open. Allot of folks close on sundays with just the restaurants open.

X01 is good to grab one of the free bikes at the Airport and stroll around the small town when things are open, with a camera in hand. If you can't grab a bike, then the folks at the restaurant will come pick you up for free just to get your business.

Naples, doesn't hit you for both Parking and Fuel, just one or the other as long as you do the 10gal minimum.

Naples is the better bet between the two, but if my CHECKBOOK decides she doesn't want to go to Naples on Sunday i'll file a DVFR to X01.

X01 is good to hit on a saturday, when the town is actually open. Allot of folks close on sundays with just the restaurants open.

X01 is good to grab one of the free bikes at the Airport and stroll around the small town when things are open, with a camera in hand. If you can't grab a bike, then the folks at the restaurant will come pick you up for free just to get your business.

Naples, doesn't hit you for both Parking and Fuel, just one or the other as long as you do the 10gal minimum.

Naples is the better bet between the two, but if my CHECKBOOK decides she doesn't want to go to Naples on Sunday i'll file a DVFR to X01.

Familiar with X01. We would just be looking for a meal as we would be limited as to layover time.

I think I was confusing the fees at Naples with Marco. Landing fees are charged by the airport and collected by the FBO and cannot be discharged by fuel purchase.

So to confirm, no landing fee at Naples, correct?

So if we met you at Naples, where would we eat?

PS, don't think the bikes are free at X01. I think they are $5 per.

Well Naples has always waived the fee for me on getting 10 gallons of gas.

Marco Island has no landing fees, and they have a free crew car which consisted of a 3 seat pickup truck because their crew car was in the shop.

I returned there again on a date and they gave us a 15 passenger van.

However Marco Island was really boring and the 2 restaurants I tried wasn't worth eating at.

In Marco, the airport is to far from town to where you will be forced to cross your fingers and get then crew car, or pay a hefty taxi cab fee.

Last edited:
Well at the end of October Key West is the hotspot around the whole US. This place turns into one of the most popular places to be during the last 10 days of October.

If you plan on coming here, better try for reservations now.

Sent from my iPhone using An APP that doesn't pay me to advertise for them.

Dykes on Bikes and Fantasy Fest! Woo Hoo!:yes:

Well Naples has always waived the fee for me on getting 10 gallons of gas.

That is because Naples does not have a landing fee. The FBO is waiving his ramp fee with fuel. Standard practice.

Marco Island has no landing fees, and they have a free crew car which consisted of a 3 seat pickup truck because their crew car was in the shop.

I returned there again on a date and they gave us a 15 passenger van.

However Marco Island was really boring and the 2 restaurants I tried wasn't worth eating at.

In Marco, the airport is to far from town to where you will be forced to cross your fingers and get then crew car, or pay a hefty taxi cab fee.

Marco is listed as having a landing fee. Guess it is not being collected.

Have a nice trip. Like I said, I would have only an hour or so for layover so if the restaurant is not on the field or nearby then I will have to pass.

Last edited:
Ok I'll get together with you another time when you have the time to relax. The only thing I could recommend that is right there near the airport is a place for Ribs right outside the entrance to the FBO area.

To bad you don't have time to make a day if it with us.

Ok I'll get together with you another time when you have the time to relax. The only thing I could recommend that is right there near the airport is a place for Ribs right outside the entrance to the FBO area.

To bad you don't have time to make a day if it with us.

I rent from a club that has tough minimums. It is not really designed to relax anywhere with the airplane on the ground so, until I have my airplane repaired, that will probably not be an option.

If you want to meet sometime for lunch at X01, KMTH or ??, then let me know.

Yesterday, was dicey. Did PGD-PMP-PGD today, and other than some scattered showers on the way home, it was smooth flying all the way.

Back