South Florida POA meetup

alfadog

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
alfadog
Anyone up for a meetup in March? A couple guys said they might be up for one in another thread. Please chime in here and let's work it out.

alfadog (John): KTMB based

My suggestion: Breakfast at KFXE Jet Runway Cafe any morning at 9AM latest. Weekends preferred but can do weekdays after 3/5.

I will also be at American Flyers BBQ at KPMP on 3/2.

I'm in! (If i'm around). My airplane is for sale at FXE right now, so it may or may not be around. If not ill taxi the Jet over and just pretend its mine. :D

I'm in! (If i'm around). My airplane is for sale at FXE right now, so it may or may not be around. If not ill taxi the Jet over and just pretend its mine. :D

Well, if it is available that would be a blast (no pun intended). Do you know your schedule in advance or is it always a crap shoot re your availability? If you know then when would be good for you?

I'd probably be down for next week. I don't know what my schedule is going to be once class resumes after spring break.

Depending on the day I may possibly make it. Though you never know Obama may spend another weekend playing golf in Boca.

How about Sat. 3/9? Does that work for anyone?

Well, if it is available that would be a blast (no pun intended). Do you know your schedule in advance or is it always a crap shoot re your availability? If you know then when would be good for you?

Almost always a crap shoot.

Proposed:
Date: Saturday 3/9/13
Place: Jet Runway Cafe (Banyan) at KFXE
Time: Breakfast starting at 8:00 AM (or 7:30?)
Alternative time: Noon - 3 PM (brunch then hang at Banyan if desired).

http://jetrunwaycafe.com/

Attending:
alfadog (John) - I have to have the plane back at KTMB by 10:15 AM. Or I can reserve later in the day for noon meetup.

Last edited:
I can't do the 9th, but if you folks decide to do this again, I'd be interestedin flying down from KORL.

John

Hi all,
Living 2.5 away from FXE & having my Skylane on an adjacent ramp to Banyan, I can make a Sat. breakfast.
Keep me in da loooop!:yes:

Proposed:
Date: Saturday 3/9/13
Place: Jet Runway Cafe (Banyan) at KFXE
Time: Breakfast starting at 8:00 AM (or 7:30?)
Alternative time: Noon - 3 PM (brunch then hang at Banyan if desired).

http://jetrunwaycafe.com/

Attending:
alfadog (John) - I have to have the plane back at KTMB by 10:15 AM. Or I can reserve later in the day for noon meetup.

Sounds good to me. I've tried to get in that place twice (closes at 2pm :rolleyes: ) and totally on Sundays :rolleyes::rolleyes: lol

Maybe...will see if I can fly with someone, to save expenses. Renting a plane gets expensive.

FYI, I will be at the Jet Runway Cafe on Sat. 3/9 around 9:00 AM. I will have two students from the A&P school with me but would love to meet up with fellow POA'ers. I will be in a C-172M, ..71H, white with yellow (however, be aware that the line guys move crappy 172's away from the front of the restaurant so do not expect it to be there). After b'fast, we will check out Banyan and their pilot shop (which is really nice, BTW).

Anyone else??

I would like to, but don't know yet if I can or not.

I see that Banyan has a customer day on the 23rd ....

Yeah, well...

http://www.banyanair.com/cad_2013.asp

PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED

While many have enjoyed our past Customer Appreciation Days, we have heard from our loyal customers that they would rather have smaller events and educational seminars. We are listening and have made the difficult decision to cancel Customer Appreciation Day and re-focus our efforts and funds into those type of events.

Well I'm here lol. Gray polo, goofing around on a tablet.

Last edited:
Sorry, could not make it. Long night last night and the service never stopped calling me. Hope it went well.

Well I'm here lol. Gray polo, goofing around on a tablet.

We were late and almost 10 AM. Parked the plane right in front of the restaurant so I guess you were gone by then.

LOL, we just missed each other. We were early getting out so we decided to do a t&g at KTMB before leaving. So got routed to the most distant runway end and then they made us full stop instead of t&g and wait while they switched runway direction. Oy.

Full breakfast too

I almost went with that but decided to pass on the extra carbs. But I made up for it on the way home from the airport with my favorite cookie shop :D

So did anyone show up, or are most of us just losers.

Nah... That would mean you don't get to fly at all - we can't allow that to happen.
How about 7FL6 :D Spruce Creek restaurant is pretty good

We should save a Spruce Creek trip for either March 7-16, 2014, or October 17-20, 2013. Not sure why those dates are magically off the top of my head, but someone else might know.

Re: July 4th / Marathon

John, does Marathon still hit you with the $25 fee when grabbing lunch on the weekends? When I hit Marathon it's usually to either pick someone up, drop someone off, or just Touch & Go's. So I've never been hit with it.

looks like I might be staying at the Keys 4-7 July if no scheduling conflicts

John, does Marathon still hit you with the $25 fee when grabbing lunch on the weekends? When I hit Marathon it's usually to either pick someone up, drop someone off, or just Touch & Go's. So I've never been hit with it.

Like lots of places, the FBO wants you to buy 10 gal fuel or at least top off. That has been my experience in 5 visits or more.

I would think you would be happy for the opportunity to fly into MTH and save about a buck a gallon on 100LL. Even if they didn't waive the fee you'd still be ahead.

Change of plans. We will just be flying local on Sunday.

Back