Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
Don Adams. Dead today, R.I.P.

"Would you believe, 99,....?"

woodstock said:
the name rings a bell....

Maxwell Smart, Agent 86. "Get Smart"

Ah, yes, the Cone of Silence. That was a funny show. We'll miss him.

Ghery said:
Maxwell Smart, Agent 86. "Get Smart"

Ah, yes, the Cone of Silence. That was a funny show. We'll miss him.

Who could forget the shoe-phone?

IIRC, Mel Brooks was the genius behind "Get Smart!"

wsuffa said:
Who could forget the shoe-phone?

IIRC, Mel Brooks was the genius behind "Get Smart!"

Bill, you are correct, but Buck Henry was also involved. I think he did a lot of the writing at least.

I liked the Sunbean Tiger he used to drive up in. In tha later years of the show he switched to a Karman Ghia. Not even in the same league. :dunno: Prolly, VW add money.

I don't remember much besides Barbara Felton!! Oh yea, agent 99 or somethin like that. She made a commercial with the line "I like tigers!" Purred on a tiger skin rug! :eek:

Cheap, sexist trash---which I'll NEVER be able to get out of my mind (bad Dave; bad Dave--go to your room).:rolleyes:

Dave Siciliano said:
I don't remember much besides Barbara Felton!! Oh yea, agent 99 or somethin like that. She made a commercial with the line "I like tigers!" Purred on a tiger skin rug! :eek:

Cheap, sexist trash---which I'll NEVER be able to get out of my mind (bad Dave; bad Dave--go to your room).:rolleyes:

99... I never could really forgive her for taking advantage of men like that.

Dave Krall CFII said:

Me either Dave. That's why I really wanted to meet her in person!! To let her know she shouldn't have done that :p

Dave Siciliano said:

Agent 99 or Emma Peel? Meow

As a side note, Edward Platt (the Chief) was a gifted and highly trained opera singer. I recently saw a clip from the Ed Sullivan with Platt singing and was quit surprised.

Dave Krall CFII said:
*I* could never forgive her for not taking advantage of ME like that...:(

"If I die. I just want my friends to gather together in a quiet place..."

"...and do their best to bring me back to life."

- Don Adams as Maxwell Smart, on the "Get Smart" record album

We gotta believe that's a Mel Brooks joke.

Back