Sons smarter than the father?

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Yeah, it's not-PC deal with it.

A young Arab boy asks his father, "What is that weird hat you are wearing?"

The father said, "Why, it's a 'chechia' because in the desert it protects our heads from the sun."

"And what is this type of clothing that you are wearing?" asked the young man.

"It's a 'djbellah' because in the desert it is very hot and it protects the body." said the father.

The son asked, "And what about those ugly shoes on your feet?

His father replied, "These are 'babouches", which keep us from burning our feet in the desert."

"Tell me," added the boy.

"Yes, my son?"

"Why are you living in USA and still wearing all this ****?"

I didn't verify the terms so I'm sure Harry will be along to tell me how I'm wrong.

Yeah, it's not-PC deal with it.

A young Arab boy asks his father, "What is that weird hat you are wearing?"

The father said, "Why, it's a 'chechia' because in the desert it protects our heads from the sun."

"And what is this type of clothing that you are wearing?" asked the young man.

"It's a 'djbellah' because in the desert it is very hot and it protects the body." said the father.

The son asked, "And what about those ugly shoes on your feet?

His father replied, "These are 'babouches", which keep us from burning our feet in the desert."

"Tell me," added the boy.

"Yes, my son?"

"Why are you living in USA and still wearing all this ****?"

I didn't verify the terms so I'm sure Harry will be along to tell me how I'm wrong.

Thankfully we allow the perps to identify them selves.

Try explaining neckties.

An even better one. Anyone know the purpose of the 5th pocket on a pair of jeans?

"If I were a rich man - - - -"; have done the gig with three different companies; once as Tevye; the other two as Lazar Wolf, the butcher. And if I were a rich(er) man I'd be flying a faster plane. "Golde -- do you love me?" I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the funny story.

HR

Try explaining neckties.

An even better one. Anyone know the purpose of the 5th pocket on a pair of jeans?

I have put numerous things in the 5th pocket. Coins, flash drive, pills, folded paper cash, basically anything that I don't want accidentally pulled out when my keys come out of the main pocket, or if it's colder when my hands do.

Try explaining neckties.

My son puts coins in that one.

I have put numerous things in the 5th pocket. Coins, flash drive, pills, folded paper cash, basically anything that I don't want accidentally pulled out when my keys come out of the main pocket, or if it's colder when my hands do.

Prophylactics?

Levi's were supposedly designed for the 49'ers, so I'm assuming the 5th pocket has something to do with mining.

Maybe it's for stashing your gold nuggets. Or maybe it's for keeping your plug of 'chew safe while you're eating.

We have a winner, though one could easily guess knowing me. The 5th pocket used to be found on all men's pants, and held a pocket watch. The much diminished pocket in jeans is a remnant of that time. Except for me.

Try explaining neckties.

The watch pocket that we now carry our cell phones in ?

I have noticed parts of the US that have a questionable hat to cattle ratio.
-harry

Try explaining neckties.

For use in situations where, if the normal amount of oxygen was reaching your brain, you'd probably rather kill yourself than be there. ;)

Steve says it's for this:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• apple-ipod-nano.jpg
    apple-ipod-nano.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 72
  • ipodinjeans.jpg
    ipodinjeans.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 71
Here is another amazing fact about Levi Jeans. When they were first introduced, they had a rivet at every point that received a lot of stress. This included one in the crotch where the seams of the legs came together.

The problem with that particular rivet was that the folks who wore such work attire, quite often camped outdoors at night. They would squat around their fires, the rivet in the crotch would heat up....well anyway, that rivet was removed from the design.

John

Last edited:
John, then how do you explain the button fly? I know 1st hand how those buttons can act as campfire proximity indicators.

John, then how do you explain the button fly? I know 1st hand how those buttons can act as campfire proximity indicators.

Put on a pair of Levis, then squat down on the floor in front of a make believe campfire. You will see that the base of your crotch, where that rivet at one time was, is aimed directly at the pretend flames. You will also see that the buttons on the fly are pointing upward, not at the flames. They are also covered with blue denim, they are not directly exposed to anything, other than your imagination. :yikes:

Now standing in front of the fire is a different matter altogether. But then, the old timers did not build huge honking bonfires like is done today, they didn't want those sneaky injuns to know where they were.

John

Last edited:
Back