Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
jesse_not_bestbuy.jpg

DSCF1495.JPG

flyingcheesehead said:
Congrats... Atkins?

Nope. I did it by just reducing my calorie and fat intake to...well...almost nothing.

I would eat a 6 inch sub at subway at 9am everyday. That was it. Sometimes i would eat a yogurt later in the day. Short term was that probably the most healthy thing to do? I doubt it, But it was something I was able to stick to.

Long term. It really changed my view on a lot of things.. Food is an energy source now that is it. Don't eat unless you are hungry. That kind of thing.

I think what it came down to is I realized that I needed to keep my health in check if I ever want to have an entire career flying.

Lost pretty much most of the 40 pounds in about 2 months.

Last edited:
With that kind of focus and commitment I predict you'll go far in the aviation world.

Good job!!

You know, in that first photograph you look like yer expecting the photographer to jump you!! Well, better to be ready, I guess! ;)

jangell said:
Lost pretty much most of the 40 pounds in about 2 months.

In my dreams.

Congratulations.

Wow you look great Jesse. Ive lost about 30 for the year, but a lot slower. Congratulations on the weight loss.

Just think, your loss is greater than the FAA reserves of most GA birds. And you'll see better climb rates. And you'll find t easier to slip in and out of cockpits. The list goes on and on....

Congratulations. Very impressive dedication and very worthwhile results.

Man, wish I had that kind of determination. Ok now facing the t-day and x-mas feasting I really need to watch it and do better and work out. 30 lbs would make a whole lot a diffrence.

Missa

Back