Someone knocked over the peanuts!

Shawn

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Shawn
Whoops:

Southwest jet pushes over catering truck at gate at Denver International Airport

http://kdvr.com/2015/08/04/southwes...ocks-it-over-at-denver-international-airport/

How does the ground crew screw up that bad?

plane1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, someone got to take a **** test today. :lol: I wonder how much damage the wing took?

Jet blast? (Ok, probably not, but if the wing walkers missed that, uh, there is really no excuse)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very informative article. Lets see if I got it right....

Plane moved back, tipped truck, woman takes picture, 7 year old saw it happen, no one got hurt, passengers moved to other flights....

did I miss anything?

Plane moved back, tipped truck, woman takes picture, 7 year old saw it happen, no one got hurt, passengers moved to other flights....

did I miss anything?

That's 2015 "journalism" right there.

Those of you who have never worked in the airline ramp environment would be surprised to learn how often planes and vehicles become intimate with one another. Though this might be one of the dumbest ones to have occurred lately. The average guy working the ramp isn't the brightest person you will ever meet.

Just another day on the ramp.send the driver of the tug and the wing walkers in for retraining.

I find the high volume of sirened vehicles staggering. I'm thinking: okay folks, nothing's more to see, go back to WORK.

did I miss anything?

You didn't say "Flight was late", but I assume it's because you were just stating the unusual things.

That's 2015 "journalism" right there.

I thought 2015 "journalism" would be:
A giant dangerous truck and a big scary thing with wings collided yesterday and nearly killed several trillion people at that place ... you know ... where they keep those ... you know ... air crafts things ... like yeah.
Miraculously, nobody was hurt, injured or sustained injuries or ouchies from the dangerous attack. Many passengers contacted their lawyers and will be filing suits for emotional distress from near-death experience and are hoping to be drying their fake tears with billions of dollars in a few weeks.
:D

Was a flight plan filed?

We're the pilots required to pay an initiation fee? How about monthly peanut truck tipping club dues?

did I miss anything?

That's a good summary.

An even shorter summary: dog bites man.

If the truck had flipped the 737, that would be man bites dog.

A giant dangerous truck and a big scary thing with wings collided yesterday and nearly killed several trillion people at that place ... you know ... where they keep those ... you know ... air crafts things ... like yeah.

Miraculously, nobody was hurt, injured or sustained injuries or ouchies from the dangerous attack. Many passengers contacted their lawyers and will be filing suits for emotional distress from near-death experience and are hoping to be drying their fake tears with billions of dollars in a few weeks.

And there was an unarmed black man nearby. CLEARLY a racist event.

Here you go. The driver was fired but the training supervisor that moved the truck was fired also the plane was down for inspections and repairs for a couple of days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=788mOucDELU

Yeah, most likely an example of someone in management being way too literal in their interpretation of the rules which typically state that after an accident not to move equipment until an investigation takes place. No common sense.

I suppose that's one version of todays "journalism", the version I was speaking of was the just as common "gotta fit it in one twitter post" style of reporting. :mad2:

Yeah, most likely an example of someone in management being way too literal in their interpretation of the rules which typically state that after an accident not to move equipment until an investigation takes place. No common sense.

Yeah, the FAA and NTSB get in a bit of a snit if you move stuff before they get there. They likely gäbe The bis Boss crap, and wie all know crap runs downhill.

LOL, my buddy was on that flight, said they pushed back and never stopped until the truck was flipped over. He watched it from his window seat.

And it was on something called the "tarmac".

reporter_zps5qmgf96l.jpg

Tarmac is an early method of paving with asphalt, Tar + Macadam (small rocks). Normally rocks were spread then tar was sprayed then rocks spread over it going layer after layer and rolling it in between. So in this instance they were incorrect to use the term since the ram is concrete.

Last edited:
Tarmac is a British term. We hear it in Canada often.
Tarmac is a registered trademark, and most runways are not really tarmac. Tarmac is a company that is a division of LaFarge.

Here you go. The driver was fired but the training supervisor that moved the truck was fired also the plane was down for inspections and repairs for a couple of days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=788mOucDELU

This reminds of the tug driving, at full speed, under the wing of a Prowler late one night. The only problem was the Prowler had pods loaded on the wing stations and a centerline drop tank; The JG-75 almost fit. The driver not at all! -:yikes:

Reporters always call it "the tarmac". They don't know we call it a ramp. It is also not an actual ramp. If it were a ramp, someone would be jumping skateboards off it. As I have seen no skateboards on the "ramp" at my airport, it can't be a ramp. QED. :D

One could call it an apron, which makes the most sense to me. But whatevs.

So I don't **** talk the non-aviation media too much for saying tarmac. I **** talk them for LOTS of other reasons. :D

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

"They might tell you your flight has been delayed due to a change of equipment."

We could discuss tarmac vs asphalt now. Perhaps one side could argue they're the same, and someone else could give us an explanation of modern composite concrete-asphalt materials

We could discuss tarmac vs asphalt now. Perhaps one side could argue they're the same, and someone else could give us an explanation of modern composite concrete-asphalt materials

Modern asphalt really depends, they are still changing and experimenting. I remember some years back they repaved a stretch of IIRC I-90 with a new formula, and it stuck to everyone's tires like when building a snowman and basically building up until people couldn't roll. It was a huge and expensive mess. Lots of used tires and recycled glass goes into it now as well.

I saw something similar happen at SFO several years ago. I watched from my seat at the gate as a 757 pushed back and ran over a catering truck, but instead of tipping if over, it peeled off the top like a sardine can.

It's bituminous concrete gents, bituminous concrete. :rolleyes2:

:idea:

Back