Some flight school in Georgia will be offering food for life for their CFIs

I didn't know a single trailer could hold $100K worth of ramen.

OK stuck in Mojave CA, one more day of class to teach at Edwards. (I’m bored)
How big is a package of ramen? Don’t have any at hotel.
53’ trailer = 4050 cuft = 7M cuin
Value of heist was $98,000
How many packages ~ = What type of ramen?

How big is a package of ramen?
I think the rectangular pack is about 6"x4"x1.25"

Google search found the following.

Eating ramen every meal for a year would cost about only $140.

Although it began as a luxury food, instant ramen has taken quite a turn since then. With the average packet costing a consumer only 13 cents, you could eat three square meals a day for an entire year for just $142.65. To put that into perspective, an average American spends $6,372 a year on food — eating ramen would reduce that to about 3 percent of the average cost. Due to its affordability, ramen is often called “gakusei ryori,” or “student food,” in Japan, and start-ups earning just enough for the founders to survive are known to be “ramen profitable.”​

I think the rectangular pack is about 6"x4"x1.25"

Google search found the following.

Eating ramen every meal for a year would cost about only $140.

Although it began as a luxury food, instant ramen has taken quite a turn since then. With the average packet costing a consumer only 13 cents, you could eat three square meals a day for an entire year for just $142.65. To put that into perspective, an average American spends $6,372 a year on food — eating ramen would reduce that to about 3 percent of the average cost. Due to its affordability, ramen is often called “gakusei ryori,” or “student food,” in Japan, and start-ups earning just enough for the founders to survive are known to be “ramen profitable.”​

More like three rectangular meals a day, I'd say.

Approximately 233,000 packages! If the truck was full.
$98,000 / 233K = $0.42 pack wholesale or retail?

I am just gagging....

I knew a guy in Alaska that would peel back the wrapper, sprinkle the powder mix on top, and eat it like a sandwich......:vomit::vomit::vomit:

Maybe someone stole the truck load of ramen to insulate their house...

I knew a guy in Alaska that would peel back the wrapper, sprinkle the powder mix on top, and eat it like a sandwich......:vomit::vomit::vomit:

Sounds like vegetarian ramen burger
ramen-burger-109717-1.jpeg

I am just gagging....

hell I used to eat the bricks like crackers in bethel. Sometimes if I was feeling fancy I would get some BBQ sauce for dipping.

Such is the life of a bethel sled driver

I am just gagging....

I tried it in college when I was broke. Even at $0.39/meal or whatever, I couldn't eat it. It was awful.

Ate it quite a bit when I was stationed in a South Korea. Throw a raw egg in it while it boiled and you had your protein. Wouldn't touch it now.

hell I used to eat the bricks like crackers in bethel. Sometimes if I was feeling fancy I would get some BBQ sauce for dipping.

Such is the life of a bethel sled driver

I took a case of the crap with me to Bethel. I tried one, threw the rest on the pilot community eat me table. I think it took a couple months before it was all gone. Another guy would boil up the noodles, drain, add ketchup and he was happy.... but as any lifer military would do, add enough ketchup and it was a 5 star meal....

Ate it quite a bit when I was stationed in a South Korea. Throw a raw egg in it while it boiled and you had your protein. Wouldn't touch it now.

Yeah, tune it up and it's pretty tasty. I get this brand with five different oil/spice packets, then put in a veggie mix of onions & bell peppers, a little extra olive oil and then do the "egg drop" thing to finish it off. Great for a cold overcast/rainy day. Costs about $1.25 to make...savings go toward 100LL. :D

I am just gagging....

I used to eat it like that all the time. In fact it’s pretty damn good just dry. You can crush it up and then sprinkle the mix on top. Eat it like popcorn or something lol

Back