Some doctors are morons.

poadeleted21

Touchdown! Greaser!
My mom's had a rough couple of years. Dad died at 57 years old from an ascending aortic aneurysm. Prior to that she had esophageal cancer that caused her to only be able to speak in a loud whisper. Been juggling my dad's businesses from scratch ever since without having the ability to call anyone. Then she fractures a vertebrae and has a ruptured disk. To say her nerves are on edge would be an understatement. Ambulance ride to the ER. ER doctor asks her what's wrong with her voice. Keep in mind, she cannot walk, she was in so much pain a stretcher wouldn't work, they had to take her in a sort of tarp thing. She replies that she had esophageal cancer and lost 2 of her 3 vocal cords. Doc hasn't so much as taken her temperature and replies. "Oh, it looks like your cancer is back". She's in severe pain, not thinking clearly, and after hearing that pretty much went hysterical. ****ing idiot.

My mom's had a rough couple of years. Dad died at 57 years old from an ascending aortic aneurysm. Prior to that she had esophageal cancer that caused her to only be able to speak in a loud whisper. Been juggling my dad's businesses from scratch ever since without having the ability to call anyone. Then she fractures a vertebrae and has a ruptured disk. To say her nerves are on edge would be an understatement. Ambulance ride to the ER. ER doctor asks her what's wrong with her voice. Keep in mind, she cannot walk, she was in so much pain a stretcher wouldn't work, they had to take her in a sort of tarp thing. She replies that she had esophageal cancer and lost 2 of her 3 vocal cords. Doc hasn't so much as taken her temperature and replies. "Oh, it looks like your cancer is back". She's in severe pain, not thinking clearly, and after hearing that pretty much went hysterical. ****ing idiot.

Agreed....

The doc is a @ucking idiot...

90% of healing is from the mind with positive thinking... Releasing that terse statement to her just let the air out or her sails...

I am praying for your mom, ol buddy...:yesnod:

Last edited:
Don't get me started on doctors. If you go into the ER and have no fiscal injuries but a bad back you will be told all sorts of things. Been there and done that to many times. I know the drill now. Don't tell the doctor what is wrong for how can you know anything for you did not go to school to become PHD.

Sorry about your Mom and Dad.

Fiscal injuries are the result of going to the ER...not a reason to go in the first place. ;)

Fiscal injuries are the result of going to the ER...not a reason to go in the first place. ;)

Tim you know what, the internet and this site is full of type-os and missed spelled words. But if it makes you feel like Mr. Big stud to point out mine go for it, I am proud to help you look good.

I'd rather go to the vet rather than some emergency rooms around here. At least the vet is used to not asking his patient where it hurts.

I noticed its my posts you only do this. Explain, you have a problem with me?

Tim you know what, the internet and this site is full of type-os and missed spelled words. But if it makes you feel like Mr. Big stud to point out mine go for it, I am proud to help you look good.

It was an early morning pun, nothing more. I assumed it was an "autocorrect moment" like we all have occasionally and it made me chuckle.

Last edited:
How many others miss spell words and have typo's. I guess everyone here is perfect. Must be nice to live in that world.

I am not perfect, my spelling sucks. You have a problem with it?

Just that you only do this to me, when this site is full of this. I see it daily. Don't insult me then say, don't take it personally.

I am not perfect, my spelling sucks. You have a problem with it?

No. We have a problem when you cop an attitude. What Tim wrote was a pun on the word you used "fiscal". It should have been "physical".

No, you are not the worst speller in the world, that distinction belongs to me. :lol:

Lighten up, it was a sell played pun.

Last edited:
Just that you only do this to me, when this site is full of this. I see it daily. Don't insult me then say, don't take it personally.

Umm...no...Tony, it was a pun, nothing more, not intended as an insult, hence the smiley.

And, no I don't do it just to you. Here's a recent one that was also just a joke.

Actuallt, I'm 20/800 without corrective lenses.

I can tell! :)

I don't go around the site lambasting people for lack of command of the English language like a few here do. But if I see something that makes me chuckle, sure, I'll share the fun.

Sorry if you don't see the fun that I intended. I never meant to offend...but some are always offended it seems.

Yep its all me, I am wrong. I started this with a type'o. Imagine that.

Now back to the topic at hand.

Some Doctors are Morons. This is easy to see.

Yep its all me, I am wrong. I started this with a type'o. Imagine that.

Now back to the topic at hand.

Some Doctors are Morons. This is easy to see.

Still POed at the election huh? :lol: :rolleyes: ;)

Dude, look st Tim's avitar. It is a cartoon of a laughing dog. Enough said. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now, see how's its done? :dunno: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

;)

Last edited:
It usually doesn't take much to start a doctor bashing thread on the POA board. Maybe this happened as you describe. Were you there, physically present start to finish at the bedside? Or is it possible the recollection of someone who was stressed and in pain, and may have received medications enroute to the hospital was incomplete?
Jon

It usually doesn't take much to start a doctor bashing thread on the POA board. Maybe this happened as you describe. Were you there, physically present start to finish at the bedside? Or is it possible the recollection of someone who was stressed and in pain, and may have received medications enroute to the hospital was incomplete?
Jon

Yes and I have 5 witnesses willing to testify. My sister (who's a physical therapist) asked "where the hell did that come from? Then the nurse got all snooty and defensive and said "he's just giving his opinion with what we know now". 100% uncalled for.

Just wait until you get the bill and see what the doc makes out of it. Not exactly an "idiot" if you're thinking about getting rich. (I recently saw an ER bill that charged $1,500 for the doctor alone - the hospital was on top - when the doc spent no more than 5 minutes with the patient).

But yes, I've experienced very poor doctor performance with respect to my own parents. No, I'm not going into detail. Part of it is Medicare (low payments and the doc spending only a minute or two with the patient), and part of it is the pressure to churn out patients. And part is the inability to shop on price. I suspect that a few doctors don't care as much about the elderly as they do about younger folks, but I have no factual basis to back that up.

I think the move by Massachusetts to force medical providers to publish their fees is a step in the right direction. But there are still fundamental issues in the health care system.

Agreed....

The doc is a @ucking idiot...

90% of healing in from the mind with positive thinking... Releasing that terse statement to her just let the air out or her sails...

I am praying for your mom ol buddy...:yesnod:

Psychoneuroimmunology.

Doc hasn't so much as taken her temperature and replies. "Oh, it looks like your cancer is back". She's in severe pain, not thinking clearly, and after hearing that pretty much went hysterical. ****ing idiot.

We seem to put doctors on a pedestal. Probably the percentage of doctors who are idiots is the same as for news reporters, McDonalds employees, or any other profession. People are people everywhere and it's not getting better.

So. Was her cancer in fact back? No mention from you on how she managed to fracture a vertebrae.

Best wishes for your mother, I'm sorry to hear this.

Sorry to hear about your mom. I was pretty down on doctors after my simple hernia surgery was botched leading me to 12 abdominal surgeries, sepsis and aflesh eating disease among other things. Their negligence was so outrageous that my new dr and his staff reamed them out when the old ones called him to see if I survived. My faith was restored after my docs at Upenn and continue today. Plus there is our own Gary F who is always takes the time to answer my questions. I will pray for you and your mom.

So. Was her cancer in fact back? No mention from you on how she managed to fracture a vertebrae.

No cancer. She went to PT with pain. After the session was over, she couldn't walk. They had done not so much as an X-ray before sending her to PT. After she got home, pain became unbearable and off to the ER she went.

No cancer. She went to PT with pain. After the session was over, she couldn't walk. They had done not so much as an X-ray before sending her to PT. After she got home, pain became unbearable and off to the ER she went.
Oh,man...

Bart, best wishes for your mom.

Jeez Tony, it was a joke! It was funny. I almost posted the same thing myself. Lighten up a bit. With an attitude, my sympathy for you is fading fast. He did put a smiley after it.

Bart; I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Please take care of her. She is the only one you have. I can't tell you how often I regret moments that I did NOT spend with my mother when she was alive.

Many doctors have lost their ability to think about the Person on the examining table, choosing to see only a kicked bag of symptoms, and potential outcomes. Some doctors never had any compassion, and prove it every day of their professional lives.

The rest seem to be pretty good.

I'm sorry for your mom's trouble and hope you find some peace about it.

The doc needs a strong confrontation with his own medical problem before he will shape up, and maybe not even then

Don't forget many Doctors are on the drugs they prescribe. Alcohol too.

As pilots we must go through a medical exam...should be same for physicians at a more frequent interval.

There aren't many checks and balances for Doctors....should be more IMO.

Many doctors have lost their ability to think about the Person on the examining table, choosing to see only a kicked bag of symptoms, and potential outcomes. Some doctors never had any compassion, and prove it every day of their professional lives.

The rest seem to be pretty good.

I'm sorry for your mom's trouble and hope you find some peace about it.

The doc needs a strong confrontation with his own medical problem before he will shape up, and maybe not even then

Aparrently there was another incident I was unaware of. To make a long story short he told my mother that if she'd pay attention, he wouldn't have to repeat himself. My sister went back and spoke with the nurses and there seems to be an issue with this Dr. "Smartass" is the technical term that was used. He's European and perhaps doesn't understand rural MS etiquette.

We seem to put doctors on a pedestal. Probably the percentage of doctors who are idiots is the same as for news reporters, McDonalds employees, or any other profession. People are people everywhere and it's not getting better.
I agree that some physicians are capable of doing a crummy job but it's a little harder to make the argument that they are no brighter than "news reporters or McDonalds employees". The last time I checked those persons were not required to take the MCAT or get by an admissions committee. It's still difficult to get accepted and complete medical training and all the tests required to get licensed.

There are a number of possible explanations for less than stellar performance by medical providers. ER docs are often overwhelmed with patients and the bureaucratic documentation overhead has been increasing. Emergency physicians must deal with anybody who shows up with any complaint. It's really hard to be a generalist where you are expected to be an expert on everything. Every now and then a real loser gets through the medical education gauntlet but I can't tell from the (biased) information provided this is the case here.

As pilots we must go through a medical exam...should be same for physicians at a more frequent interval.

There are, you just aren't aware of them.

Sean, I hope you mean there are some or a few, not many. I have seen many doctors now, some myself, and many more with elderly relatives and I think I can safely say on all of those encounters I never saw an impaired, or even a hint of impairment in the doctors I saw.

Bart, I hope your mother is doing better.

Aparrently there was another incident I was unaware of. To make a long story short he told my mother that if she'd pay attention, he wouldn't have to repeat himself. My sister went back and spoke with the nurses and there seems to be an issue with this Dr. "Smartass" is the technical term that was used. He's European and perhaps doesn't understand rural MS etiquette.
Did you ask to speak with the Patient Representative? Most hospitals have them, it may even be a requirement for certification. This is usually much more effective than complaining to a nurse in the ED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartmc

Did you ask to speak with the Patient Representative? Most hospitals have them, it may even be a requirement for certification. This is usually much more effective than complaining to a nurse in the ED.

Apparently the nurses there are aware of this doctors shortfalls.... People can cover for doctors all they want , but the first line of cooperation to remedy bad doctors is for the NURSES to contact their supervisors. Altho the politics in any hospital usually frown on one of their own calling a spade a spade.....IMHO.

It sounds like the doctor in this situation was jumping to a conclusion. One of the things that impresses me about the clinic I go to is that the doctors are careful to make sure they have done a thorough investigation before giving a diagnosis.

For those that do not have good health insurance, an ER visit can indeed result in severe fiscal injury!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ahhh, he thinks he's the smartest person in the state, and that 'you people' are beneath him. As long as he insulates himself from reality, he can keep up the pretense. but somewhere, sometime, he's going to coem face to face with the turth, and it will kick him in the nuts like he's never been kicked before.

Back