Some days you can't catch a break.

As promised, a short video of the J3-65 trying to run. It's 11/14/2017, and not even that cold yet.
In addition to the engine acting normal, ie: doesn't want to idle, the brakes decided to go to the Bahamas without me so I did my mag check while running down the runway.
No sweat. If something didn't work, I had a stand of nice soft trees to stop me at the other end.

Well at least it wasn’t the HStab leading edge panel screws.

Oh btw, your days of WTF stories are just beginning. There are always plenty in 121.

Yeah, I've already seen some stupid and eff'd up things. I had a plane last week with no APU. So I'm running through the abnormal checklists at the gate when everything goes dark. "F$%k we lost the GPU." So I step out to find an orange vest, newbie, ramper holding the GPU plug staring at me like I'm an idiot. Before I open my mouth, the dude says "it's 10 prior push I'm required to disconnect you". My response was "First; you always ask before you pull the GPU. Second, we have no APU, so I need that GPU plugged back in." The guy had the gall to look me straight in the eye and tell me "that's not his problem." Yeah, I wonder why we hate the rampers in the hubs.

I caught another orange vest opening the cargo door before we had shutdown the left engine. I quickly went over and asked who opened the door and then proceeded to give a hefty lecture on how incredibly stupid that was.

So, this is you?
jYDoQ7I.jpg

I’ve seen that photo many times over the years. There must be a great story behind it. Anyone know anything about it?

I’ve seen that photo many times over the years. There must be a great story behind it. Anyone know anything about it?

Yes... you see there I was....

LOL. I've always loved that pic but I don't know anything about it either.

Back