Soloed 26 yrs ago

kobijo

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Joe
Soloed 26 yrs ago today, C-140 2,00ft of grass barn on one end Trees on the other, 7.8hrs, flew for a year then 17yrs off. Know am a Cfii and fly a King Air-200 part time.
Life is GOOD!!!
Cheers
Joe:goofy:

Happy Anniversary Joe.

Flying a C-140 off of grass was a bit unusual for a student pilot even 26 years ago. Sounds like you've done great since then.

kobijo said:
Soloed 26 yrs ago today, C-140 2,00ft of grass barn on one end Trees on the other, 7.8hrs, flew for a year then 17yrs off. Know am a Cfii and fly a King Air-200 part time.
Life is GOOD!!!
Cheers

Joe, that's great to hear that you're still following your dream. What a wonderful way to start...with a taildragger on grass.

I took 18 years off after I soloed, unfortunately, but now it just gets better and better.

:cheerswine:

kobijo said:
Life is GOOD!!!
Cheers
Joe:goofy:

J-3 cub out of my Dads hay field behind the wagon barn, (1954) took 22 years off light civil aviation to do the navy thing.

silver-eagle said:
Kind of like a Saint Pauli Girl... You never forget your first one.
Hey, this would be a good thread to talk about our first solo and post pictures. Mine was on my 16th birthday (not saying how long ago that was) and here's a few pictures. :)

Diana said:
Hey, this would be a good thread to talk about our first solo and post pictures. Mine was on my 16th birthday (not saying how long ago that was) and here's a few pictures. :)

Oooohhhh a narrow tie..... you don't have to say.... ;)

Ya still look young... :blowingkisses:

wsuffa said:
Oooohhhh a narrow tie..... you don't have to say.... ;)

Ya still look young... :blowingkisses:

Awww, thanks Bill. :)

Hey, the guy was always years behind, fashion-wise. ;)

Diana,

You looked way too young to solo back then!!!!! I saw the picture of you and Toby on the farm (great picture by the way) and you don't look a day over 35. :D

HPNFlyGirl said:
Diana,

You looked way too young to solo back then!!!!! I saw the picture of you and Toby on the farm (great picture by the way) and you don't look a day over 35. :D

:redface:

Why thank you! Lots of good rep points are being given out tonight! LOL! :)

Sometimes I wonder if 16 is too young to solo?

Speaking of birthdays, we have one coming up, don't we? :)

Diana;
"You look marvelous!" Where was the solo? I haven't seen CFIIs in ties. Must be some kind of prep school thing.

First solo: 2 yrs 7 mos after starting lessons and 23 hours in the book. I'd accumed a number of hours in the past month and the instructor had said I was almost ready. After 3 good landings, he has me pull over and out he goes. "Give me 3 landings with full stops."
I remember acknowledging him and taxiing out. I remember as I taxied into possition thinking "I really don't want to do this. What am I doing here?". And I remember my right hand not listening to me as it plugs in the power and off I go!
First landing was high (as most of mine were), second on the money, and the third a little low.
When I got out of the plane, and for the rest of the day, you could of hit me with a bat and I'd have never known.
My checkride was 11 yrs and a day later.

silver-eagle said:
I haven't seen CFIIs in ties. Must be some kind of prep school thing.

CFII I did my BFR in May with wore one. 23 year old ATP. :p

Code:
	A/C	A/C
DATE	TYPE	IDENT	FROM	TO	REMARKS & ENDORSEMENTS	LDGS	SEL	DUAL	PIC	TOTAL
-------	----	------	----	----	----------------------	----	---	---	---	---
5/23/78	C150	N4018V	NQA	NQA	1st solo-Arlington,TN	8	1.0	0.8	0.2	1.0

Back