SOLO!!!

Way to go. Good feeling, right?

Well done, it's a funny feeling when you look to your right and there's no one there !!

Well done, it's a funny feeling when you look to your right and there's no one there !!

Haha, definitely. I put my checklist down in the seat and it felt sooo weird. The little 152 turned into a rocket ship with the cold air and less weight.

A day you'll never forget. Congrats!

Did you wear a shirt you didn't want to wear again?

Haha, definitely. I put my checklist down in the seat and it felt sooo weird. The little 152 turned into a rocket ship with the cold air and less weight.

Congratulations. Big milestone. The first time I flew a 180hp 172 practicing in the pattern I was at pattern altitude (1000') before I turned downwind. It's amazing how much performance drops off with 2 people vs just one.

Congrats ,one of the better feelings you will experience.

Second Solo today!! One more supervised solo and I get signed off to solo to the practice area. Weather has been pretty poor lately so not a lot of flying. But today was sweet

Congrats! Keep up the enthusiasm post-solo and you'll be done!

Grats! I did mine in a LSA C-162. I second the rocket ship feeling. I got so used to flying with the instructor that when I soloed the darn thing almost doubled the climb rate..wasn't quite prepared for that one, but was exciting.

It only gets more fun from here on out!

Congrats! I soloed in N69012. N89433 was my favorite though.

Congratulations!!! You'll remember that for the rest of your days!!!

Congrats Transvection!

Quick question from not-even-Student-Pilot-yet, how come she had you do a runup before each take off? Because of the cold temperatures, to take one extra safety measure to limit risk of engine trouble on takeoff?

Congrats Transvection!

Quick question from not-even-Student-Pilot-yet, how come she had you do a runup before each take off? Because of the cold temperatures, to take one extra safety measure to limit risk of engine trouble on takeoff?

Since I am alone, she wants to make sure that there are no issues with the engine that could be potentially caught, like a mag or vacuum failure. More than anything I think it is just an extra safety measure. When I fly with her, we do a run up every 5th landing usually. The club that I am learning to fly with has a strong commitment to safety and a lot of the FAA minimums are raised. Ex. Landing with 30 min of fuel on board. We have a 1 hour requirement in our club and half tanks for students. It is all an extension of that culture.

Are you looking to start soon?

Since I am alone, she wants to make sure that there are no issues with the engine that could be potentially caught, like a mag or vacuum failure. More than anything I think it is just an extra safety measure. When I fly with her, we do a run up every 5th landing usually. The club that I am learning to fly with has a strong commitment to safety and a lot of the FAA minimums are raised. Ex. Landing with 30 min of fuel on board. We have a 1 hour requirement in our club and half tanks for students. It is all an extension of that culture.

Are you looking to start soon?

Ah thanks for the explanation. I belong to the camp of 30somethings that have always wanted to get their PPL but responsibilities didn't allow. Ive saved and saved of the years and have close to enough for a PPL. However I'm living in Germany at the moment so the PPL will wait till I get stateside or I take a vacation and do an accelerated PPL. In short, to not hijack this thread further ;) I'm planning to do a 0 to Solo in gliders course this spring. Can't wait.

Back