Solo complete! Thanks for the help!

SethV

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
SethV
Hi Guys - Completed my solo yesterday! What an awesome experience. We had been wanting to do it for awhile, but weather had not been playing nice. Yesterday it was perfect. My instructor signed me off, jumped out of the plane and said 3 laps of the pattern is normal, but if I want to do a few more I can. I did 7 landings and they were great. When I got back to the hangar, a bunch of the pilots were outside to meet me and then they cut my shirt off!

About a month ago I posted on another thread here that I was having a tough time with crosswind landings. You all were very supportive and encouraged me to stick with it. I have to say you all don't know what that meant to me and how much it helped. Thank you.

Over the past few weeks, it clicked. My feet started working with my hands. A couple days ago it was blowing 22 kts with 31 gusts. We went up to FNT and found a direct crosswind - and I was able to handle it. Was strong enough I even ran out of rudder on 1 approach, but it really showed me it all came together. Yesterday with light winds, it was super easy.

Thanks all! You made a difference to this future pilot!

Hi Guys - Completed my solo yesterday! What an awesome experience. We had been wanting to do it for awhile, but weather had not been playing nice. Yesterday it was perfect. My instructor signed me off, jumped out of the plane and said 3 laps of the pattern is normal, but if I want to do a few more I can. I did 7 landings and they were great. When I got back to the hangar, a bunch of the pilots were outside to meet me and then they cut my shirt off!
!

congrats - the perma-grin is fun

/joke

how many trips around the pattern with those 7 landings? 2 or 3?

/joke

Congrats,it only gets better. Can't match the feeling you get when you Solo.

Just wait until you're cut loose for your first solo XC. Now that you have your pilot certificate, do lots of solo work, but keep going to your CFI every other flight to make sure you keep your chops. Enjoy part II!

Congrats! Now just wait til you do your solo XC. Cruising along for 30 minutes really settled into my mind the fact that I was flying on my own. :)

Congrats! The plane flies a little better without your instructor right:D

That's awesome.
Glad you got to do more than 3.

I never want to stop for the day bu ton the solo flight, I wanted to keep going.

Try and stay active on here if you can I would like to read about the checkride.

Congratulations!

Back