Social Distancing from 2500 ft MSL

Will Kumley

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Will
Thankful that I was able to get my Private Pilot certificate completed last month before all the craziness of COVID-19. All the DPE's in the area are shut down until at least May.

I already know the writing is on the wall that my wife wants me to fly her in a high wing so I got checked out in a 172 about 2 weeks ago and finally had good weather to get back up in the air and get more comfortable with the Cessna. Nothing crazy today. Just some basic straight and level flight with 5 landings and a go around, also flew over a friends house- too bad he wasn't outside to see me. Felt like my landings were consistently getting better as I flew. Just gotta learn up on the Garmin 430 in the plane as the Cherokee didn't have one of those. All in all, it was a beautiful day and now I just need to figure out what day to take my family up for a quick flight to an empty airport with a picnic basket.

Attachments

• Jims House.JPG
    Jims House.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 25
Well, my wife seems to dislike the small cabin of the Piper so much that it may as well be considered a single seat. :) However, she hasn't sat up front in it so maybe I could change her mind. And the 172 was still fun to fly today.

Well, my wife seems to dislike the small cabin of the Piper so much that it may as well be considered a single seat. :) However, she hasn't sat up front in it so maybe I could change her mind. And the 172 was still fun to fly today.

Don't ever take your wife with you when there's a PA-32 around. You'll be owning one.

Just sayin'.

If you search hard enough, you can find a Garmin 430 simulator for your PC that will run on a modern version of Windows. I found that and some youtube videos to be very helpful.

If you search hard enough, you can find a Garmin 430 simulator for your PC that will run on a modern version of Windows. I found that and some youtube videos to be very helpful.
I found one and downloaded it from Garmin. But for some reason can't get it to fully install. Also saw a few youtube videos but like the idea of the simulator as I can play with it and likely learn a little faster.

Nevermind, got it figured out. Time to learn.

Last edited:
Back