So you think flying in Alaska is all cool...

Thanks for that post…first time I flew a body of a fellow unit member, home from the field was a reality check for a young at the time Army Aviator.

My 16 year old nephew Andrew killed himself with a shotgun three years ago. Reading the story was rough, it brought back painful memories.

But thanks for posting it. People need to know about teen suicide and how to recognize its genesis.

Why wouldn't flying deceased persons be cool? Beats hauling them by sled dog. Some people can't handle reality... and reality is, people die. Sad when its someone you know, but not much anyone can do about it after the fact other than treat them with respect, and do you job. I bet some people would be less of a PITA flying them dead than alive, just saying.

Why wouldn't flying deceased persons be cool? Beats hauling them by sled dog. Some people can't handle reality... and reality is, people die. Sad when its someone you know, but not much anyone can do about it after the fact other than treat them with respect, and do you job. I bet some people would be less of a PITA flying them dead than alive, just saying.
Yeah, I worked (as a civilian) in the "back end" of a military hospital. All of the bodies went through our area. It was reality as I had never seen it. The full bird in charge told me, "It's a hospital, people die, and their bodies don't magically disappear."

I did a few flights for a funeral home in their Cherokee Six, back in the day. That was Lower 48. They don't tell you about the noises and pressures equalize in the corpse. Someone might have had a good laugh at my expense. :)

That thought isn't allowed anymore. Even if someone has 7 terminally ill diseases we MUST waste millions on keeping them alive even if their QOL is less than 0. And even if they are 137 years old their death will be a tragedy.

Hopefully in the next few years we know how to prevent most suicides. This is a terrible situation.

That thought isn't allowed anymore. Even if someone has 7 terminally ill diseases we MUST waste millions on keeping them alive even if their QOL is less than 0. And even if they are 137 years old their death will be a tragedy.

And even if the person in question doesn't want to stay alive in that condition.

Back