So who put the turbocharger in my old Bo??!!!

Sigh.

You don't need 16-17k most of the time. Like I said, 2000 hours in naturally aspirated birds, mostly east of the Rockies. Cannulas suck.

De-ice is very nice, but you need it more lower than higher. Whether you want FIKI vs just de-ice is another question. I personally don't care provided I have wing and tail boots and prop de-ice.

Glad to answer any twin questions you might have.

brian];1938240 said:
I did watch a 55 PII conversion go on BeechTalk for about $200k. Pretty much a turn-key solution with all the goodies and fairly low time engines.

I guess the scariest part of these twins are owning not one but TWO continentals...

Let me give you the other side of the picture then. You only need 5-10 hp to make up for the extra drag, so that means to get the same rate of climb you feel fine with now, you can pull the power back to 55%LOP at cruise climb transition, and still maintain your current rate or better in your Bonanza when at max continuous climb power even in a 285hp model. Climb is a matter of excess HP, and a HP twin running on both has a ****load of it. Then there is the benefit I ran into 3 times in the course of dealing with a bad batch of oil lines with counterfeit fittings: You can shut down and feather an engine premptively preventing a destructive failure and the ensuing costs, and still making a safe landing on a runway. All 3 times it cost ~$100 to fix and a few hours/next day to be flying again. SE you lose an oil line, you're most likely out an engine if not a plane.

Last edited:
Back