So, what did you do for National Aviation Day?

Ghery

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Ghery Pettit
I see some of our members went flying. We had our annual wash the planes and clean the hangars meeting of the flying club. Good turnout, actually had people standing around or tripping over each other. Should have had nametags as we don't normally see each other.

i did 4 tows in the superdupercub. 20 knot wind kept the takeoff and landing rolls real short. had one landing stopped in less than 250 ft from the beginning of the runway :D

hit the gym, cleaned house, went over to Guitar Center and played their banjos plus was looking for a Gibson Archtop, ES-137 in metallic blue. We are currently in our 40 days and 40 nights of rain mode. Too many embedded thunderstorms for me. But at least on Friday it was great and I got a 4 hour flight in.

Watched TSRA roll through from Saturday evening through...well....still happening.

Drove to a pancake breakfast in Waunakee in the pouring rain. Good pancakes, but no flying beacause of 500' ceilings, not Instrument current, and no approach into 6p3.

Pete

Spent $170 for dinner and flew 2.7 hours with a certain member of this board for my contribution :D

I went flying last night to dinner with a hot firefighter. I was nice and let him hit a few buttons in the plane. I LOVE CRM!!!!!!

What better day to do a manual gear extension for real?

"Center, we'd like to return to Palo Alto and try to put the gear down there; if that doesn't work out, we'd like to divert to Hayward and land gear up"
"Bonanza 01N, roger"

...I was expecting a more elaborate response, especially since it was national aviation day ;)

-Felix

What better day to do a manual gear extension for real?

"Center, we'd like to return to Palo Alto and try to put the gear down there; if that doesn't work out, we'd like to divert to Hayward and land gear up"
"Bonanza 01N, roger"

...I was expecting a more elaborate response, especially since it was national aviation day ;)

-Felix

Well, I didn't see the national media falling all over themselves covering it, so I assume you got the gear down and landed normally.

I flew the second half of my Commercial XC that day. Boy I wonder if the 19th falls on a monday if flight students could get it off, wouldn't that be funny!

Cleaned the garage, washed the car (got a sunburn on my back dangit!), took the wife to a dinner and a movie. All-in-all a great day even though I did not fly...but I WILL this weekend.

My poor plane has not been flown for almost three weeks, damn work! :(

Cleaned the garage, washed the car (got a sunburn on my back dangit!), took the wife to a dinner and a movie. All-in-all a great day even though I did not fly...but I WILL this weekend.

My poor plane has not been flown for almost three weeks, damn work! :(
If your plane is lonely, I'll fly it for ya! :D

Back