So, uhh... wow? Story 2

Discussion in 'Flight Following' started by lancie00, Aug 27, 2020.

1. lancie00

lancie00 Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    lancie00
    After hearing about the guy who busted the Bravo without a care I thought I should share what my DPE told me.

I don't know the whole story but my DPE's ride the next day was for an instrument rated pilot who decided to fly to Canada... without telling anyone.

The FAA yanked all his certificates and he had to start over. When my DPE called him to confirm the date his CFI scheduled, he didn't know if he could make it because he had tennis. The DPE offered to reschedule but the guy said he could make it. The next day I asked my DPE how it went and he told me that they never got past the paperwork. The guy didn't have registration, high performance endorsement ect. He said he never even collected the fee.

It just goes to show that just because we work our buts off to get the license, there's guys out there who don't seem to care.

ETres and TCABM like this.
  2. aftCG

aftCG Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    aftCG
    What DPE doesn't get the money up front?

Not the first ride I've heard of recently that didn't get past the "hello" stage

3. benyflyguy

benyflyguy En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    benyflyguy
    Yanked all certs and had to start over?!? That seems odd. I just figured if FAA yanked your never got back.
    Guy probably still flying. Not caring.

4. midlifeflyer

midlifeflyer Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Mark
    Dunno what happened here but, after revocation one is usually eligible to reapply after a year. Previously logged time counts toward the qualifications but practical tests, knowledge tests need to be retaken.

5. Tarheelpilot

Tarheelpilot En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Tarheelpilot
    I know three people that came back to commercial operations after a revocation. One was an ATP. They all had to repeat every knowledge test and practical. Also had to log three hours of prep to get signed off for the practicals. One was required to do all
    His rides with the FAA. No DPE allowed.

6. MauleSkinner

MauleSkinner Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    MauleSkinner
    61.13(d)(2)

7. chartbundle

chartbundle Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    chartbundle
    I think all of mine(4) so far have at least checked to make sure the ride could happen as far as the paperwork went before they took the money.