So I just got offered $1k to relocate a car

Where's the adventure in that?

For some, maybe there is not but I contend that one can have a whole lot of great adventure in life without substantially risking:

-being tossed in jail
-having personal belongings seized or damaged
-having your sanity questioned by family + friends
-having your reputation harmed
-grappling with law enforcement
-spending 10 grand on attorney and court fees
-being aerated by lead projectiles

This may turn out to be none of those, but its obviously out there.

Sounds like a no brainer to me.

As long as you're still anonymous at this point in time, find some bum on the street and offer them $50 and a bottle of Jack to retrieve the envelope taped to the underside of the truck.

Sounds like a no brainer to me.

As long as you're still anonymous at this point in time, find some bum on the street and offer them $50 and a bottle of Jack to retrieve the envelope taped to the underside of the truck.

:rofl: I like it

Who duct tapes $1000 to a car, leaves it parked in a strip club, and arranges for a random stranger from the internet to pick it up?

My guess is you'll find a money order for $2500 taped to the car, and they'll ask you to wire them the balance.

When I was out of town for 6 month I let my cousin use my car - but there was a letter attached to the title stating he had permission to use the car and if there were any questions, to contact me and/or his parents (he was over 21) for confirmation. I also let my insurance company know he'd be driving the car.

Driving my car is the same as flying my airplane. I want your info & insurance details!

Sounds too shady. No one would "trust" someone not to take the $$$ and deliver the car.

Don't do it. You may get WAY more than you bargained for.

That's what I've decided. Turns out I have a make up class on Friday anyway. Now if it were $10k... :D

My guess is you'll find a money order for $2500 taped to the car, and they'll ask you to wire them the balance.
Any time I post anything to craigslist I get at least a couple fishing responses for such scams. It seems unlikely to me that this involves drugs or a real-life truck or a person anywhere in the vicinity and that it somehow entails the victim wiring somebody money for some reason. I'm not sure how point A leads to point B, but that strikes me as the most likely direction.
-harry

That's what I've decided. Turns out I have a make up class on Friday anyway. Now if it were $10k... :D

I can forward you a couple of emails with deals in the 10mil range that have a guaranteed return of 30% if you are interested.

I can forward you a couple of emails with deals in the 10mil range that have a guaranteed return of 30% if you are interested.

Ha, already had to deal with one of those today from craigslist too. I like these schemes where I get to keep my money with me. All I have to do is move a truck for $10k? Just don't get pulled over and you're good right?

Just got another one.

hey, I need to get my vintage Russian Lada to Beeville. If you can get it to SA that would be great.
I am also trying help out my brother, who grows organic produce, with a distribution problem he is having.
So the Lada will be carrying some of his product as well:

http://bit.ly/qcKEDF

In anticipation of finding someone like you, I have left a payment of $1000 in a shoebox in the back seat, since I am currently out of town.
So when you arrive to pick up the car, you can . . . oh crap. Never mind.

At least we know this one's not full of coke.

I asked the Bronco guy a few more questions and he never responded. So I sent him one last one saying I wasn't going to do it. Then I get this email from him just now.

I just got off my flight. Did you find the vehicle? How close are you to SA. I need to know asap. If you don't mind dropping the Bronco off into Lake San Antonio that would suffice. I just need to make that thing disappear. If you can do this I will mail you $4,000.

This is entertaining.

I asked the Bronco guy a few more questions and he never responded. So I sent him one last one saying I wasn't going to do it. Then I get this email from him just now.

I just got off my flight. Did you find the vehicle? How close are you to SA. I need to know asap. If you don't mind dropping the Bronco off into Lake San Antonio that would suffice. I just need to make that thing disappear. If you can do this I will mail you $4,000.

This is entertaining.
:rofl:

Back