So I guess I'm firmly down the rabbit hole now

onwards

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
onwards
Light stack of benjamins on my count... three... two... one...

Heh.

Anyway, while I did not end up buying the 6-seater I wanted this year, what I did do today is buy a one third stake in a partnership that owns a 182 with P-Ponk conversion in nice condition.

Nice plane, and I think it might be a good way to learn about ownership anyhow (via a partnership instead of outright) before I go the full hog.

So congratulations to me I guess?

Attachments

• IMAG0590.jpg
    IMAG0590.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 158
Congrats! Did the partnership thing myself this year, definitely the way to go, as parts of repairs are much more stomachable than laying down the AMU's all by yourself.

Great, I wish I had such an opportunity. Good luck and enjoy. It really is a good way to fully understand all the costs if you chip in when the maintenance is being done.

Make sure that at lease on of your partners goes to savvy aviator seminar to help the partnership keep costs down.

You'll love it. My 180 is Ponked and leaves them in the dust.

You'll love it. My 180 is Ponked and leaves them in the dust.

Yeah, taking off in this thing with just two people at sea level is eye opening... I was seeing 1600-1700 fpm for the first few hundred feet.

It also has a 430W coupled to a 496... none of the planes I had flown thus far had these. It's kinda nice :)

Sounds good to me. I like the 182 and with the extra oomph up front it should really do well. Wish we had a 430W in the club's 182.

Congratulations! Awesome, looks great. How did you come to know of this share, word of mouth, or was it advertised anywhere?

Without a nose wheel pant? How could you!

Congrats! ;)

Thank you.

I have the nose wheel pant, it's just removed so it can be refurbished a bit. It's only a 1kn difference at best, so we'll see how soon that happens :lol:

Congrats! You know I won't complain about the airplane choice! ;)

Ha. Did I mention it has a STOL kit as well? oxygen? oh, get this - it has XM radio and a traffic reporting system of all things. And a fuel flow analyzer and a digital engine monitor. About the only thing it doesn't have is an auto pilot.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Awesome, looks great. How did you come to know of this share, word of mouth, or was it advertised anywhere?

Craigslist of all things. It wasn't on any of the major sites. The ad came on about three weeks ago, and I ended up being the first to come in with a concrete, cash in hand offer. Lots of people express interest but apparently can't back it up.

All Hat-No Cattle isn't limited to TX.:)

Craigslist of all things. It wasn't on any of the major sites. The ad came on about three weeks ago, and I ended up being the first to come in with a concrete, cash in hand offer. Lots of people express interest but apparently can't back it up.

Congratulations, outstanding aircraft. Be wary of the heavy nose on landings....

Congrats!

Now, what is P ponk?

David

Basically sticks O-520 cylinders into a O-470 engine. Ups the HP from 230 to 275, increases cruise speeds to 140-150kn (65%-75% power), allows the plane to go happily to 15K+ feet or to much more easily lift a full load at altitude, and so on.

Basically sticks O-520 cylinders into a O-470 engine. Ups the HP from 230 to 275, increases cruise speeds to 140-150kn (65%-75% power), allows the plane to go happily to 15K+ feet or to much more easily lift a full load at altitude, and so on.

wow. 20% more HP is awesome. what does it do for fuel burn?

Ha. Did I mention it has a STOL kit as well? oxygen? oh, get this - it has XM radio and a traffic reporting system of all things. And a fuel flow analyzer and a digital engine monitor. About the only thing it doesn't have is an auto pilot.
Any plans for the AP?
Looks like I need to start surfing CL

wow. 20% more HP is awesome. what does it do for fuel burn?

140kn @13GPH, 150kn @16GPH or thereabouts. Basically similar to a PA32-300.

EDIT: I'll let you know after my flight this weekend. I'll be spending about 12 hours in the plane so I'll get a better feel for cruising performance over time.

Last edited:
As I reported in my "help me plan" thread, we saw >140kn @11.5gph or so.

Back