So, I guess I have to get a Cirrus...

Hahaha that was well played! I need to get some time in a Mooney and Cirrus to see what all the fuss is about. The newer models (Ovation, Acclaim) seem comfortable enough from the few minutes I sat in one.

Let me know if you want to go for a quick flight. I'm in Columbus as well.

Hahaha that was well played! I need to get some time in a Mooney and Cirrus to see what all the fuss is about. The newer models (Ovation, Acclaim) seem comfortable enough from the few minutes I sat in one.

Ours is a mid body, I seem to remember reading the ovation long body doesn't have any more leg room than the mid body, I could be wrong.
Leg room is ample, weight is the limiting factor, less so on the ovation. Much less.

My wife and kids love our Cirrus. No way I would own any other GA plane with a single engine. We fly lots of XC, thats the primary mission. For example, over Thanksgiving we flew from MI to FL, then to VA then back to MI. 4 people (2 kids), 6 hours fuel and lots of bags. Much of it at night or in solid IMC.

I can't understand why some folks dont like them. Guessing the haters have never been in a SR22.

My wife has learned enough about airplanes that she wants a twin, and enough money for me to stay very current in it and to afford it and the gas.

Not happening so she's cool with the 182 co-ownership.

LOL!

NEVER EVER tell the non-flying spouse about the Cirrus.

I heard they have those parachutes primarily because of how unsafe they are... I mean I've never seen a 172 with a parachute and just look at some of the students who fly those!

I heard they have those parachutes primarily because of how unsafe they are... I mean I've never seen a 172 with a parachute and just look at some of the students who fly those!

You heard utter bull**** spread by people who can't afford a Cirrus which they tell themselves and anyone else to make themselves feel better about being a financial failure.

Oh man...

I heard women can't be good pilots because their brains are too small.

About as valid of a point... (Meaning both statements are equally ridiculous)

This is a funny thread to me. About wives locking on to features they like, and all of the sudden your hobby gets much more expensive. I'm not yet a pilot, but I'm a life long boater. When my wife discovered that cabin cruisers have bathrooms, my boating hobby got much more expensive.

This is a funny thread to me. About wives locking on to features they like, and all of the sudden your hobby gets much more expensive. I'm not yet a pilot, but I'm a life long boater. When my wife discovered that cabin cruisers have bathrooms, my boating hobby got much more expensive.

Oh, once wives find out that there are aircraft with bathrooms, you are financially doomed.

Let me introduce her to boats with 'decor'...:lol:

You heard utter bull**** spread by people who can't afford a Cirrus which they tell themselves and anyone else to make themselves feel better about being a financial failure.

I think she was being sarcastic.

And I'm not sure people that people who can't afford a Cirrus are failures. ;-)

I am fortunate with my wife loving airplanes and liking the classics (helps the pocket book, kinda)

When I started down the path of plane ownership 2 years ago (been a long road) the Cirrus was at the top of my list followed close second by the V-Tail (childhood love).

To my surprise after the oshkosh 2014 my wife sat in a cirrus (more than once) and said it was nice but she liked the bonanza and it fits my personality better (not sure what she meant but she rambled something about my historical bent) .

Then at OSH 2015 we walked and talked and sat in more planes. Once again she still liked the bonanza best and kept pointing out v-tails.

So guess what I ended up with.......:dunno:
Yep the wife is always right..(so you may be in trouble)...Of course when I am done with paint and upgrades it will be the same investment as an older SR22 but Im happy with that and it fits my missions perfectly.

Oh man...

I heard women can't be good pilots because their brains are too small.

About as valid of a point... (Meaning both statements are equally ridiculous)

nice......:D:goofy:

Last edited:
"a laceration to the finger." That was the only injury from that chute pull in WVA. Not bad!

Just to reiterate...

...a CAPS pull today in W VA was apparently the result of an "unrecoverable spin" during "training maneuvers" in an SR20.

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2015/12/cirrus-sr20-accident-occurred-december.html

Assuming it was a spin out of a stall, let's just say "stall characteristics in a Cirrus are about as docile as it gets"...

...until they're not! :hairraise:
Probably a reason why Cirrus is not a good training platform. OTOH, with the FAA promoting stall awareness vice stall recovery it may be preferred....until you get to upset recovery training, then it shows its weakness again.

I think she was being sarcastic.

And I'm not sure people that people who can't afford a Cirrus are failures. ;-)

I doubt she was being sarcastic, if you ask around, you will hear that from many people who have never even sat in a Cirrus, much less flown one.

There are people that think that of themselves in their own perception, and that is the reality that drives their defense mechanisms. Psychology and perception is reality on the quantum plane, even if not on the relativistic one.

Back