So, do you AVweb?

How often do you AVweb?

• Very often - every day or several times a week

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • Occasionally - I read every once in a while, but am not a regular reader

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • I've heard of AVweb and been to the site before, but don't really ever read it

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • What's AVweb?

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iflyforfun

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
iflyforfun
The two places I check very regularly are PoA and AVweb. Just curious if there is much cross-over between the two. I know AVweb is pretty popular, but how often do you read?

Once or twice a year. Seems to me that unless you care about the details of new electronic instruments there isn't anything new. All the sky is falling/new revitalization schemes aren't new or interesting. Aviation media is repetitive and boring.

I get the AvWeb eNews every day. I don't do their forum.

I'm subscribed to their e-newsletters. I normally get enough detail in those that I rarely feel the need to check their web site for more details.

I'm subscribed to their e-newsletters. I normally get enough detail in those that I rarely feel the need to check their web site for more details.

This. I find that the AvWeb e-news emails are a bit more useful than the ones that come from AOPA, but I rarely go to website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Aviation media is repetitive and boring.
+1 pick up an aviation magazine from the 1950's and the stories are the same. New navigation gismos, concerns about airport access and airspace

I use an RSS reader to read them, which is quite efficient. However I find generalaviationnews.com more interesting overall (again, through the site feed - I never visit the front page of either of them).

Once or twice a year. Seems to me that unless you care about the details of new electronic instruments there isn't anything new. All the sky is falling/new revitalization schemes aren't new or interesting. Aviation media is repetitive and boring.

I find some of the news interesting, but I really enjoy many of Bertorelli's (sp?) editorials. He's a smidge of a curmudgeon, but I like that.

I subscribe to their e-newsletters but have never visited the web site or forum.

Never, I went there for the columns which were pretty good and they stupidly killed years ago.

They used to be fun with their Aprils fool edition but once they were taken over years ago, that stopped and the review process for readers emails that say anything bad about AVweb never see the light of day

Never, I went there for the columns which were pretty good and they stupidly killed years ago.

This! I do still get the twice-weekly AvWebFlash emails, but really the columns were the best part - Deakin, Brown, Durden, those are timeless and truly excellent pieces of wisdom. I probably visit the web site as often to dig up and re-read an old column as I do to read anything new.

Ditto on this. I used to check in there very often, to see the latest columns. Most of them were pretty good and informative. Then, all of a sudden they stopped. You can still find the archives, of course, but I've read all of them, and there aren't any new ones.

Back