So Cal Airport Restaurants for Dinner?

VWGhiaBob

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
VWGhiaBob
Seems like all the fun airport restaurants in So Cal close at 3pm. Other than KSBA (Beach Café), does anyone know airports where you can fly in for dinner without getting in a car to drive somewhere? (KPSP I guess qualifies too...any others?)

Thanks, all!

Avalon if buffalo burgers count for dinner, then there is the ranch to the north that I forget the name of that has great steaks.

Avalon if buffalo burgers count for dinner, then there is the ranch to the north that I forget the name of that has great steaks.

Harris Ranch(3O8)? but a bit of a trek from most of So Cal as it's basically next to Fresno.

Also, looks like the Italian place in Borrego(L08) is open evenings. I'd call first though.
http://www.assaggioitalian.com/

Last edited:
Thanks. As for Avalon, not open for dinner (runway closes 5pm winter 7pm summer).

The Spitfire Grill at SMO (Santa Monica) claims to remain open until 10pm.

94th Aero Squadron in Van Nuys is nice, although depending on where you park, you might need the FBO to shuttle you over there.

94th Aero Squadron in Van Nuys is nice, although depending on where you park, you might need the FBO to shuttle you over there.

There is also a 94th Aero Squadron at Montgomery Field (KMYF) on the north side near the tower.

-Brian

French Valley Airport has a restaurant. I had lunch there but am pretty certain they serve dinner.

Flo's Diner at Chino. I believe they serve dinner though I've only been there for breakfast and lunch.

There are also a few restaurants outside of Torrance Airport along the highway that are walkable.

I've been gone from the area for 4 years so my info might be a bit dated.

I've been wondering the same thing about restaurants open for dinner in this area!

Fly on up to KCMA.. I'll come grab ya, bring you back to the hacienda, do up some some Ventucky style barb-ba-que, and send you on you way...

Of course this offer is open to all!

There are also a few restaurants outside of Torrance Airport along the highway that are walkable.

Several of the restaurants along Hawthorne Blvd. are still there, though Farrell's is long gone. :(

That's a bit of a walk from the terminal, though.

The 94th Aero Squadron is long gone as well.

Seems like all the fun airport restaurants in So Cal close at 3pm. Other than KSBA (Beach Café), does anyone know airports where you can fly in for dinner without getting in a car to drive somewhere? (KPSP I guess qualifies too...any others?)

Thanks, all!

The Buckhorn in New Cuyama has reopened. It is open till 8 Sun-Thu, 10 Fri-Sat.

For more good news, the New Cuyama Airport (L88) has been resurfaced and reopened as well. It's a short walk to the restaurant. Here is what is going on there: http://generalaviationnews.com/2015/05/16/new-cuyama-airport-reopens/

Dave

I second Typhoon at SMO (although I never flew in, I was a controller there in the past). Ask the tower if there is transient parking, Saturdays it tended to get full and airplanes would land with nowhere to park.

Avalon if buffalo burgers count for dinner,

I wouldn't consider any airport that closes at 7pm (or 5pm in the winter) a good place for dinner, unless you wanna spend the night there.

Waypoint cafe at KCMA is planing to be open for dinner on fri and sat night in the near future.

I wouldn't consider any airport that closes at 7pm (or 5pm in the winter) a good place for dinner, unless you wanna spend the night there.

Not a bad place to spend the night, and it gives you much better options for dinner.:D ;)

BTW, you used to be able to save a few bucks on transport to town by taking a tour bus instead of the van. Jeff Stickler who owns Catalina Adventure Tours is also a pilot, and he used to let you buy a reverse ticket starting and ending at the airport.

I didn't even think about mentioning my home airport.

In addition to The Landings at CRQ there are a number of restaurants across the street just to the east within walking distance. Mostly chains like Noodles&Co, Panera, Chipotle etc. but there's an awesome pizza place in there too. There's enough to choose from in that shopping center that I've actually only eaten at The Landings once, and I'm at the airport about 4 times a week.

Any restaurants that are walkable from transient parking at Torrance Airport (KTOA)?

Back