So Bill Gates is part-owner of Signature?

Recent news seems to indicate he’s also buying up large amounts of farmland.

He must feel real estate with very specific uses is going to have a high ROI.

I'm surprised that Gates would do this. Apple doesn't have a competing product he can copy.
Yeah, I remember when Apple sued Microsoft about Windows, when Apple's interface was a freebie from Xerox PARC anyway.
I use no iDevices or iSoftware, having made my living writing code for IBMs, Dec Alphas, and Windows boxes (all talking to each other.)

Yeah, I remember when Apple sued Microsoft about Windows, when Apple's interface was a freebie from Xerox PARC anyway.
I use no iDevices or iSoftware, having made my living writing code for IBMs, Dec Alphas, and Windows boxes (all talking to each other.)
I think I recall Gates pointing out that they both stole the GUI idea from Xerox PARC.

not really being a techie or being a rich businessman I could care less.

My first computer experience was “programming” an analog computer with plug in resistors and capacitors to solve vibration and control problems.

Cheers

ooh ooh - can we drift this thread into a back/forth rant-fest over MS-DOS vs Apple (only us old guys actually lived through it....)
I went with RS Trish DOS. Model 3 double disk drive . Sure beat the friends tape deck Model 3.
Another friend did all the programing for me. Lots of shareware that worked .Life was good back then . Then came the hell of MS-DOS. ;)

Back