En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
British Police 'Caution' Snoop Dogg For Airport Incident

Rapper Allegedly Was Part Of Brawl At London's Heathrow

POSTED: 11:40 am EDT May 12, 2006
UPDATED: 11:50 am EDT May 12, 2006

LONDON -- Snoop Dogg has gotten off with a "caution" from police after a London airport brawl that got the rapper banned from British Airways for life.

Police said the 34-year-old music star has accepted responsibility for using "threatening words or behavior" in the dustup.

The authorities said they'll record what happened, but no other action will be taken.

The trouble started when Snoop's entourage was denied entry to a first-class lounge at Heathrow airport last month.

The rap star and five others spent the night in jail after a fight that involved several police officers. Seven officers were hurt, and one wound up with a broken hand.

The rapper, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, appeared at a London police station to close the case.

HELL YE'AH!!!!!! <snoop doggy dogg style>

that's funny. I figured he'd be too stoned to fight. Go Snoop Dogg.

Cool, I guess that means it will be quieter in the 1st class lounge when I am there. I know why he wanted in the BA lounge is sweet. They have wait-staff take you lunch order from menus instead of like mots lounges where they just throw out a few sandwiches for the pax that are there.

It is funny he could not get in. I get in there all the time. I just show my AA Platinum Exec card and my AA Admirals club card for reciprocal privileges

HPNFlyGirl said:
Scott....You get to have all the fun.

Not really I get those perks because of how much I fly. Do over 100,000 miles a year on commercial carriers, it is not fun. My Admirals CLub cost me 35,000 miles a year and because I fly over the 100,000 a year I get to use the first class lounges. They figure since I spend all my time there anyways they might as well try and keep me happy.

smigaldi said:
Cool, I guess that means it will be quieter in the 1st class lounge when I am there. I know why he wanted in the BA lounge is sweet. They have wait-staff take you lunch order from menus instead of like mots lounges where they just throw out a few sandwiches for the pax that are there.

It is funny he could not get in. I get in there all the time. I just show my AA Platinum Exec card and my AA Admirals club card for reciprocal privileges

The BA lounges at Heathrow are just stunning. On my last trip to India, I hit the showers and had some little biscuts in the absolutely beautiful lounge. AA's lounges are nice, but can't hold a candle to BA.

FWIW Lufthansa's lounges at FRA stunk.

Cheers,

-Andrew

astanley said:

Yeah, we call them Luft Stalag 17. :rofl:

astanley said:
The BA lounges at Heathrow are just stunning. On my last trip to India, I hit the showers and had some little biscuts in the absolutely beautiful lounge. AA's lounges are nice, but can't hold a candle to BA.

Cheers,

-Andrew

The lounge for Singapore air at Changi airport is probably the nicest anywhere. But you are right the foreign airlines now how to take care of customers. I was on a trip to Hainan Island (off the cost of China) last year. I flew AA, Cathay, China Eastern, and JAL for the trip. On each of the airlines there were welcomign remarks, smiling flight attendants, decent food, helpful crew people. Then I boarded AA in Tokyo. Once on board the smirking and PA announcement of all the things you can't do started. It is such a hostile feeling to be on an American air carrier, they make you feel like cargo.

astanley said:

Tell me about it. I just spent a couple of hours in one of them this morning while waiting for my flight to Hanover. :p Nice having Premier Exective status with United (Star Alliance).

smigaldi said:
The lounge for Singapore air at Changi airport is probably the nicest anywhere. But you are right the foreign airlines now how to take care of customers. I was on a trip to Hainan Island (off the cost of China) last year. I flew AA, Cathay, China Eastern, and JAL for the trip. On each of the airlines there were welcomign remarks, smiling flight attendants, decent food, helpful crew people. Then I boarded AA in Tokyo. Once on board the smirking and PA announcement of all the things you can't do started. It is such a hostile feeling to be on an American air carrier, they make you feel like cargo.

United's lounge at Narita isn't bad. Free wireless internet access now. Comfortable seating.

I flew EVA back from Singapore this March. First time with them. I forget what they call their enhanced coach, but it was in the front cabin of a 747 with 2, 2, 2 seating. Just like busness class on most other airlines. Good food, good service and plenty of legroom. Anytime our travel people put me on them is fine with me.

smigaldi said:
But you are right the foreign airlines now how to take care of customers.

Amen to that. My first experience on BA a couple of years ago was an eye-opener. 45-minute flight from Heathrow to Amsterdam. On an American carrier, all you get on a 45-minute flight is a smile, if you're lucky. On BA, it was a meal, two drinks, and a real smile! Wow!

The only reason the flight back to the US on AA was tolerable after that was that there were two AA 777's from Heathrow to ORD 45 minutes apart, and I was on the second one. :yes: I got a whole row to myself. Movie on one seat-back screen, GPS and flight info on a second, lots of room to sleep. :D

Best line ever from a Snoop video: (Beginning of Gin and Juice, I think)

"Snoop Doggy Dogg, you need to get a jobby job!" :rofl:

Back