Smithsonian channel

evapilotaz

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Drone airspace abuser
How do I get the Smithsonian channel for aviation shows. When I select to unlock shows it gives me an option to try paramount or sign In with tv provider. Do I need to get paramount and pay for this service? I don’t have a tv provider that I signed up for.

A lot of channels are locked into contracts that prohibit them from offering content outside the cable/satellite/* distribution channels. The only way to get them is via a TV provider account. Sometimes you can use that account to access through the internet.

I don't know what you're looking for, but if you have a Roku, you can get the Smithsonian Channel with a bit of free content. But it's not the same as what's on the TV.

I don’t have cable tv and don’t want to get it to watch Smithsonian channel so I have to get paramount which is stupid. I use a fire stick.

And oops. Sorry for the misdirect, but everything on the Smithsonian Channel gives you a 2 minute trailer and then says "login with your TV provider or Paramount+"

Hulu and Fubo both have Smithsonian Channel, if you’re looking for streaming. As usual, you can sign up & cancel with ease at any time, unlike cable tv.

I just checked, and the whole catalogue of Air Disasters appears to be available on both. Didn’t check the other Smithsonian offerings.

There's a version of the Smithsonian channel on pluto.tv

https://pluto.tv/live-tv/smithsonian-channel-selects

Not the same version as what you get via a TV provider, but it might have some of what you are looking for.

EDIT: And it's free. CBS, which owns Paramount Plus, also owns Pluto.

Last edited:
There are a few of the other streaming providers that include Smithsonian Channel.

Note that this channel hasn't had anything really to do with the Smithsonian for years other than the fact that they pay for the use of the name. Still, it has some good programming on it.

Back