Small plane down in NJ

frfly172

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
ron keating
Reports of a small plane crash in Bayonne NJ ,reporting a pa28. Pilot had to be extricated,no injuries on the ground ,bystanders reporting pilot was awake and talking.

From the initial pictures it looks like an Arrow N15745 owned by AIRBORN FLIGHT SERVICES INC. a flight school. Pilot was the only person in the plane and survived. The gear looks like it was down at the time of the crash, so either he had just taken off, or was attempting and emergency landing.

Good to hear. Densely populated in that part of the state. Should've put it in the Hudson, become a hero! I kid I kid!

Emergency landing in NJ!? Yikes, if you survive the crash it's going to be evade and survive with the inhabitants.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I saw the report on tv. Looked like an awful place to go down. No green space anywhere.

I saw the report on tv. Looked like an awful place to go down. No green space anywhere.

No doubt Bayonne is awful. I'm sure he did his best to make Hoboken but gravity took over.

Good to hear he's aight.

Wonder what he was doing before? Taking off from Linden? Shooting the Hudson River Corridor? Not too many reasons to be over that particular area with the EWR B going down to the surface.

just heard he departed from long island.

According to Master Chief Billy Sunday, this plane crashed right on the pimple of god's a$$.

I took my CFI and commercial check rides in this plane 6 months ago

Sad to see

From what I heard, the engine was just overhauled. So the two obvious things that everyone on the field is speculating is either the overhaul company messed up, or the mechanic installed the engine incorrectly.

Glad no one was killed

Last edited:
Reports of a small plane crash in Bayonne NJ ,reporting a pa28. Pilot had to be extricated,no injuries on the ground ,bystanders reporting pilot was awake and talking.

Broken ribs, multiple abrasions, and a big hematoma near one eye. I'm wondering whether he had shoulder restraints. From his injuries, it sounds like his chest hit the yoke and face hit the glareshield.

Eep, glad he made it out alive.
Flying over congested areas is always scary.
Let's see what the initial NTSB report says.

I am the same. I would rather fly in bush Alaska in a single engine than over a very large metropolis full of houses and people.

Back