Skyvector difference between charts

Are you referring to some missing texts near the 36th parallel? It looks two charts are being joined, resulting in some issues.

Are you referring to some missing texts near the 36th parallel? It looks two charts are being joined, resulting in some issues.
Yes, maybe right. One is missing the flight restriction box. I couldn't figure out what the line and arrow signified until I looked at the Atlanta chart. Given that I typically look at low enroutes or the world sectional, I could have easily missed the restriction.

Great catch and it is because of the stitching of the maps together. The text box falls in the area that gets overlapped between the Cincinnati and Atlanta sectionals.

I just checked the sectional map in FlyQ and it has the same problem - text box is not there. On the flip side, I looked at the sectionals in both FltPlan Go and Aerovie and both got it right - the text box is there. Wonder if ForeFlight has that same issue or if they got theirs right too?

Something else to look out for when doing preflight planning. I'd imagine you'll see the same issues with the World Lo maps where there is overlap.

Brian

Great catch and it is because of the stitching of the maps together. The text box falls in the area that gets overlapped between the Cincinnati and Atlanta sectionals.

I just checked the sectional map in FlyQ and it has the same problem - text box is not there. On the flip side, I looked at the sectionals in both FltPlan Go and Aerovie and both got it right - the text box is there. Wonder if ForeFlight has that same issue or if they got theirs right too?

Something else to look out for when doing preflight planning. I'd imagine you'll see the same issues with the World Lo maps where there is overlap.

Brian

ForeFlight doesn’t have that problem. With ‘No action’ selected on Map Touch Action the Oak Ridge-U-A Notice box, the dotted line leading to it, and it’s location all show. If ‘Bring chart to front’ is selected, box, line and location all show whether you are on Atlanta, St. Louis or Cincinnati. If ‘Bring chart to front with legend’ is selected, nothing about the Oak Ridge-U-A shows on either St Louis or Cincinnati. Box, line and location all show on Atlanta.

In Skyvector you can see whatever's missing by switching to viewing the sectional or terminal-area chart, as appropriate (using the buttons in the top-right area of the page). Last week, I also ran into a confusing depiction of distance between fixes on the world lo chart, which was cleared up by switching to an individual enroute chart.

Back