Skyrunner Crash

It's time to say it: They didn't lean forward.

I just watched a snowmobile do a down hill run with a parading, no airborne power. It’s one thing to do it with a human in a sling. When you add an ATV or snow machine, it looks less safe. Too much unguided mass or something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think this thing falls into the same category as the Icon A5. A neat machine with a deadly appeal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yea, but at least in the Icon you can look cool up to impact. At no point in that video were those guys looking cool.

I know you intended this as a joke, but almost all paraglider pilots and some paramotor pilots do carry a reserve parachute, as do almost all hang glider pilots. I don't know if powered parachutes (the Skyrunner would qualify as a powered parachute) carry a BRS or not. If I flew one I would want BRS, assuming I flew it high enough for a successful deployment.

Yep, another one of my weak attempts at humor.

Yep, I know many of those folks carry a reserve/BRS.

Yep, it is a powered parachute.

It's interesting you would post a video of the Petty crash.

If you want to see something really scary, google "Reds Kagle crash." He lost a leg in that crash which pretty much ended a brilliant career. Years later I was at his wedding reception. On the wall was a picture of two footprints, toes up and one footprint toes down above it. I couldn't quite figure it out until someone told me, "Think about the groom."
I've seen people killed at a NASCAR race. Very scary.

Back