Size matters

The ritual went something like this:

Me: I'd like a Number Six breakfast meal.
Priestess (aka "Counter Person"): What size?
Me: Small.
CP: Sorry, we don't have small.
Me: ... W-what do you have?
CP: We have medium and large.
Me: I want the smaller one.
CP: So you want the medium?
Me: I want the smallest one you got.
CP: Medium it is.​

Size inflation. Some places don't have "small" any more, they've renamed the former "small" size to now be called "medium". It's all part of the Supersize Me marketing campaign.

Sometime try asking for just a small burger and soda. They will tell you that a "meal" is cheaper and that if you don't want the fries you should throw them away. That concept drives a friend of mine absolutely nuts.

Just think about how much the chief marketing people paid to get an MBA in Marketing so they could earn a couple hundred thou a year - just to dream up this stuff.

Just think about how much the chief marketing people paid to get an MBA in Marketing so they could earn a couple hundred thou a year - just to dream up this stuff.

The chiefs don’t think up stuff anymore. They just sit in the conference call and look at the idea ideas from the newbies and grunt. :)

Like @SkyDog58 -- I hate it when I order what I'd like, and they say "you can have the meal for less" and I have to explain that I don't care to throw away something I won't be eating to save a couple cents.

OR

"Oh, the Filet-o-fish are two for one today"
Thanks, I'd only like one. If I wanted two I would have said "I'd like two filet-o-fish"

Pretty hard to decode, I know.

And while I'm at it... I travel, shall we say, often.

I stop and grab a Gatorade on the way to the airport (commercial) and they say "Those are 2 for $3.00" I say "Then charge me $1.50 for one, I'm on the way to the airport and I can't drink that much Gatorade in 20 minutes."

Reply? "But, the second one would be free." :mad2:

Back